Things we love.............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
My son. Everything he does: the way he sings and dances unselfconsciously; his neat little drawings; his obsession with numbers; the way he runs around naked and laughing after his bath; the way he still holds onto my ear, as he's done since he was a baby, if he's really tired. I mean I love my wife too, but I'd go so far as to say that I didn't really understand love fully until he was born.

dsc03965.jpg

There are many other things that make me happy or that I find satisfying or fulfilling in various ways, but none of those really compare. Here are some of them:

Watching the water and the clouds from the top deck of the ferry coming home
My wife's pancakes on Sunday mornings
People enjoying the food I've made
Reading a novel on my own
Our homemade blackberry jam
Finishing races
The poetry of Shuntaro Tanikawa
A well-cut suit
Watching the trees grow in our evolving forest garden

Last edited:

pplpilot

Guru
New socks.
Beer.
Pork scratchings.
warburtons crumpets with slightly salted butter (has to be warburtons no other come even close)
Whilst on a summer holiday, late afternoon an hour or so before dinner, when you've been in the sun all day and you lie on the hotel bed in an air conditioned room.
Sitting about 6,000 ft up at the controls of a light aircraft all on my own with no particular place i'm heading for, looking down on the world.
when a difficult work project comes to an end.
Getting Gloss paining as near perfect as I can.
The satisfaction a major top to bottom clean and de-clutter of the house gives.
The first lawn mow and garden tidy of the year, feels like a corner has been turned from the crud of the winter.
The Northumberland coast.
A late autumnal evening/early morning walk with my camera.
Getting home after a long work trip away from home.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Sound of AMG V8 and old BMW 6c engines.
McDonald's fries.
Pizza.
Warm donuts and hot tea after a swim at the beach.
The feel of brushed aluminium.
Screwing with peoples heads.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Sound of AMG V8 and old BMW 6c engines.
McDonald's fries.
Pizza.
Warm donuts and hot tea after a swim at the beach.
The feel of brushed aluminium.
Screwing with peoples heads.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Being alive .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Getting fit and well again must be pretty high on the list mind Col!
Well, yes ...

I realised something a few minutes ago when reading the 'global warming' thread where people were moaning about the crap weather - I'm getting the damn 'winter blues' at the start of June, which is why I am being so negative!

I have had the heating on the past couple of nights and hardly left the house since Saturday, I did have a splendid all-day ride with @Littgull that day so I made the most of the sunshine then, but these dark, chilly, windy days are doing my head in! :wacko:

I plan to do a really good ride on Thursday to make the most of the promised good weather and to see if @nickyboy was telling us the truth about a near traffic-free Snake Pass! :smile:

My dad.
My two boys.
Mrs Fox.
The company of friends.
Riding my bike.
Sugar Puffs.
Theakstons Old Perculiar.
The smell of napalm in the morning.

Top Bottom