Things we used to do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Walk to school with All the other kids
Would have been nice but my friends school went in 15 mins after mine (for segregation purposes). :sad:
Hers was a Catholic school, mine wasn't.
This was just outside Glasgow with all the Rangers/Celtic nonsense.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Would have been nice but my friends school went in 15 mins after mine (for segregation purposes). a Catholic school, mine wasn't.
This was just outside Glasgow with all the Rangers/Celtic nonsense.

we had the comp and the catholic school next to each other but all that crap never seemed to be a problem here.
we did scrap now and then but religeon played no part

sight-pin

Veteran
Popping down to the old Canning Town market in the winter with my mum and having a glass of hot sarsaparilla while she did the shopping.
Canning Town was buzzing place in them days.......

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
See a fat child. I can only remember one in a school with 800 pupils.

[Probably related to the above ...] See a child being brought to school in a car.

I speculated that in my lifetime computers would improve so much that it would be possible to fit one in a large suitcase, powerful enough to be a communications hub, do animations, and play and compose music on. They would only cost about £25,000. An old schoolfriend reminded me of that conversation recently and told me that it had sounded like a science fiction story at the time. In fact, it happened about 40 years sooner than expected, at about a fiftieth of the price, and taking up less than a hundredth of the space!

Play with asbestos outside the old Cape Asbestos Factory.
That one is chilling ... I read THIS just the other day.

There used to be a Cape Asbestos factory in Old Town, above Hebden Bridge. Hundreds of former workers have died agonising deaths as a result of the time they worked there, and they are still dying now, decades after the factory was shut down and the site cleared. Read about Acre Mill HERE.

Top Bottom