Things you have misheard or misread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
There's a song from the '80s' called 'Lovely Day' or similar, where a guy sings the same note for a stupidly long time.

Anyway, as a kid, when the guy was singing that note, I thought the other person/people were singing

'Germany, Germany, Germany, Ger - Man - AY!'

It then changed to

'Dermany, Dermany, Dermany, Der - Man - AY!'

Whatever 'Dermany' meant.

The very fact that I cannot quite remember what the correct lyrics actually were, should tell you that I have never quite 'got past' it ☺️😆

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It'll always be 'The Germany Song' in my head.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
There's a song from the '80s' called 'Lovely Day' or similar where a guy sings the same note for a stupidly long time.

Anyway, as a kid, when the guy was singing that note, I thought the other person/people were singing

'Germany, Germany, Germany, Ger - Man - AY!'

It then changed to

'Dermany, Dermany, Dermany, Der - Man - AY!'

Whatever 'Dermany' meant.

The very fact that I cannot quite remember what the correct lyrics actually were, should tell you that I have never quite 'got past' it ☺️😆

Strangely enough, and this will shock you, so maybe sit down and make sure you have a neighbour with you or similar....
...they are actually singing "lovely day, lovely day..." hence the title of the song.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Strangely enough, and this will shock you, so maybe sit down and make sure you have a neighbour with you or similar....
...they are actually singing "lovely day, lovely day..." hence the title of the song.

*Collapses*

To be fair, I don't follow music anyway due to my hearing and I had kinda' forgotten about it until I remembered earlier. ☺️

'Germany'

Sounds better anyway 😆

T4tomo

Legendary Member
*Collapses*

To be fair, I don't follow music anyway due to my hearing and I had kinda' forgotten about it until I remembered earlier. ☺️

'Germany'

Sounds better anyway 😆

...and would make perfect sense if his wife slept in a dirndl.

richardfm

Veteran
And who can forget Paul McCartney's 'Rollicking tyre'.

I thought it was "Mulligan's tyres"

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I read a lot when I was a kid and often got pronunciation wrong for words I'd never heard before. Sometimes I'd hear someone saying the word months or years later and think "Ahhh". Sometimes I would pronounce it wrong and get strange looks.

Then there was the laughter when I mentioned seeing an Ohrang Ootang at the zoo.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I read a lot when I was a kid and often got pronunciation wrong for words I'd never heard before. Sometimes I'd hear someone saying the word months or years later and think "Ahhh". Sometimes I would pronounce it wrong and get strange looks.

Then there was the laughter when I mentioned seeing an Ohrang Ootang at the zoo.

Something sat 'adjanct' to something was a long standing miss - read for me.

Oh and they were

'Orange youtans'

To us.

Top Bottom