Thorn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Touche...Hmm, now there's a thought;)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I've got two of the buggers, a BRG Sport Tour for commuting and a kiddyback tandem. The Sport Tour is about as pretty as I am :becool: but I think it has the same sort of retro appeal as Morgan Cars (or the new Mini Clubman heaven forbid!). It certainly gets admiring glances and is good for sparking up a conversation, but these are usually with gentlemen who start the conversation "When I was in Aden in '58...."

Mortiroloboy

Bollo said:
I've got two of the buggers, a BRG Sport Tour for commuting and a kiddyback tandem. The Sport Tour is about as pretty as I am :becool: but I think it has the same sort of retro appeal as Morgan Cars (or the new Mini Clubman heaven forbid!). It certainly gets admiring glances and is good for sparking up a conversation, but these are usually with gentlemen who start the conversation "When I was in Aden in '58...."

Have you been talking to my Dad ?:thumbsup:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
User259iroloboy said:
Have you been talking to my Dad ?:becool:
Mortiroloboy......I am your dad. Now what have I told you about using the interweb.....its full of weirdos and communists.....running up my phone bill......hanging around on that 'BicycleTalk'....

P.H

Über Member
I don’t get it.
Compare the most posted touring bike on the forum, Bigtallfatbloke's Dawes;
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14614

With johns28july’s Thorn, best seen in profile in this photo;

http://k43.pbase.com/g3/13/97613/2/101339642.R02AXY5O.jpg

Can anyone explain why the Dawes with a similar number of spacers and a higher rise stem doesn’t attract the same derision as the Thorn? I choose that Dawes because it’s a clear comparison, you don’t have to look far to find other examples.
I have a Thorn and a Hewitt, they require the same number of spacers for the same riding position, both are ugly, both are superbly fit for purpose.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
...and that wafflycat trollop is just after a council house. You watch out for that one.....

just jim

"No, there was a long, drawn-out thread on C+"

Ahem..I think you will find it is the same Thorn aficionado that started this thread.

Top Bottom