Thoughts on Lance Armstrong. ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bianchi boy

Über Member
Poor Lance, Someone has to be the fall guy/scapegoat, as far as I can see they were all "at it" so a level playing field don't you think?

Astana team kept leaving me standing whilst they were training in Calpe this winter, Can't think why!!!!

yello

as far as I can see they were all "at it" so a level playing field don't you think?

No.

Thanks for that link, I have read it and stand corrected, it appears things are not always clear cut in the illicit world of substance abuse , very interesting article
They are not. It's a big giant can of worms which doesn't just exist in cycling.

Here's another nice article, from a respected cycling journalist, about what lance is really saying in his latest interview.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/jun/11/lance-armstrong-interviews-deconstructed

Tin Pot

Guru
Cycling used to be like F1. Do anything to show the best possible performance.

Now it's boring and slow. Like F1.

SD1

What an aggressive, point-scoring post. How on Earth would you expect me to have evidence of the best-kept secret in sport?
Erhh if it is the best secret in sports how the hell do you know it's happening?
What the feck is aggressive or point scoring abut my question?

I am not given to insulting but you are the one trying to score brownie points by demonstrating your impeccable PC credentials.
One thing I have never been accused of is being PC....ever. In fact I find that incredible insulting.
PS xxxx

SD1

I will post a link to an article later of a person who openly admitted to taking drugs, whose blood test showed he was clean.

Do you have any evidence that every cyclist is clean?
You are the one making the accusations, it is not for @vernon to prove that every cyclist is clean. That is an impossible task that you have set him.

the detection agencies usually lag some time behind in understanding these substances and how to detect them.
. You do know that means they will catch them? They keep their blood samples for years. And the cyclist know that....they do honestly they do know that.
Just as matter of interest do you think Bradley Wiggins is a cheat?
Now let me keep this simple for you, they may all be cheating for all I know but I don't make allegations without some evidence.

Last edited:
How? Masking drugs are in themselves illegal.
Using the new biological passport, and using micro dosages of drugs, that gave him a significant performance advantage. But due to the timings of the testing, and the limitations, he was still "clean" as far as the tests was concerned.

For some additional readings:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2015...90-percent-modern-peloton-still-doping_362399
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fre...micro-dosing-can-beat-uci-biological-passport
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...ng-report-Drug-taking-remains-widespread.html

. Just as matter of interest do you think Bradley Wiggins is a cheat?
Now let me keep this simple for you, they may all be cheating for all I know but I don't make allegations without some evidence.

Cheating? Not as far as the rules are concerned, but in my OPINION he is LIKELY, to have been using banned substances, in methods that aren't easily detectable.

Are you also, seriously saying that people who finish within a second or so of these "cheats", are totally clean? Do you honestly believe performance enhancing drugs make that little difference?

SD1

Are you also, seriously saying that people who finish within a second or so of these "cheats", are totally clean? Do you honestly believe performance enhancing drugs make that little difference?
What cheats? You have yet to supply the proof of who is cheating. One person who has "said" he is a cheat is not a statistic. When have I said performance drugs don't make a difference?

Cheating? Not as far as the rules are concerned, but in my OPINION he is LIKELY, to have been using banned substances, in methods that aren't easily detectable.
Seriously? He is taking banned substances but not as far as the rules are concerned? I think that might be called an oxymoron? Check I might not have that right (the oxymoron bit)
micro dosages of drugs, that gave him a significant performance advantage.
Micro dosage give you significant performance advantages? That is ludicrous.
. But due to the timings of the testing,
Is that called luck?
the limitations, he was still
Come on the ability to detect drugs that have been taken months before have been around for years. Even if the drug (remind me of the name). Even if the drug exits the body quickly you are still at the mercy of luck.

What cheats? You have yet to supply the proof of who is cheating. One person who has "said" he is a cheat is not a statistic. When have I said performance drugs don't make a difference?
Cheating is a massive grey area, especially since they now have an allowable range from their baseline in which they can go before being flagged

Seriously? He is taking banned substances but not as far as the rules are concerned? I think that might be called an oxymoron? Check I might not have that right (the oxymoron bit)
I have been assuming you are aware of the methods used in the biological passport? So long as they're not outside of that range, they will not be flagged.

Micro dosage give you significant performance advantages? That is ludicrous.
Some studies are showing 6%+ over baseline, this is quite significant

Is that called luck?
They know random testing isn't permitted between 11pm and 6am, it allows them a "safe" period,

Come on the ability to detect drugs that have been taken months before have been around for years. Even if the drug (remind me of the name). Even if the drug exits the body quickly you are still at the mercy of luck.
Some drugs can't be detected within a matter of hours.

Top Bottom