Thpring into Thummer on the Thnake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Sounds great ! :tongue: Although hanging about in a pub in lycra....... :blush:

Just pretend we're at a wrestling convention or something.

potsy

Rambler
Bugger I am booked up for that Sunday, well keen for any other rides organised in the area - so long as they're not too hardcore!

ha ha stay out of this thread then
laugh.gif

I briefly thought about doing this but then 'got real' and quickly excused myself.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is about 6000ft of climbing if we go into Sheffield, then out to Hathersage (on Hathersage Road A625) then to Hope and Bamford then back over the Snake.

Instead of the A625, we could take Ringinglow Road out towards Hathersage (much smaller back road) - PS never been down it - just checking on a map.

Distance of about 70 miles from my house.

longers

Legendary Member
Still on for sunday?

fossyant

We are.

Looking at alternatives to staying on the A57 all the way to Sheffield - you can bear left a few miles after the Langsett turning, and there is a road that more or less follows the A57, then take a few back lanes and hop over to Ringinglow Road - just keeps us off the main rat runs !

Dan suggested meeting at the top of Mottram Cutting - not sure of what time, but not silly o'clock !

longers

Legendary Member
8.30am is about OK.... not too much vino on sat night !!!! :whistle:

Snap.

It's a bit narrow at the top of the cutting, can I suggest we meet in the Roe Cross car park a bit further down or by the Lowry statue at the crossroads with the A57, opposite the post office?

fossyant

Which side of the hill is Row Cross Car Park - Glossop or Staley Vegas side ? If Glossop side is it further up the hill than the cut off for Broardar$e.....:whistle: sorry Broadbottom !

Top Bottom