Thursday Night Ride to the Coast - 17th April to Felpham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kimble

Veteran
Southern site showing Bognor to London services running normally. And the £17.30 price should apply on all the trains - less 50% if you find yourself with three friends. And you can't reserve a bike space on Southern.

Righty. I think the lack of reservations (which seems to be a recent development, I've certainly made them in the past) was causing the system to fail non-gracefully with "there are no trains, the end of the world must be nigh" messages.

On that basis, I've booked a 2pm train out of Euston, and will endeavour to make it back to London in good time by groupsave improv. Can't be arsed with the Clapham Variation, as I tend to lack the sense of humour required for all the hanging around involved when sleep-deprived.

(As for riding back to London, my fitness is way down, as demonstrated by having a thoroughly miserable time with 100k of rain and headwind last weekend. On that basis, I'm off to get some miles in...)

Am having to bail on this arthritis in my knees has flared up big time
So I have a rail ticket from Bognor to London Victoria spare I can let it go for £8 if you message me and pay via PayPal I can pop it in the post to you
Have a good ride all hope to be back on these great rides once my knees are back up for it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Am having to bail on this arthritis in my knees has flared up big time
So I have a rail ticket from Bognor to London Victoria spare I can let it go for £8 if you message me and pay via PayPal I can pop it in the post to you
Have a good ride all hope to be back on these great rides once my knees are back up for it.

'unlike'

U

User10571

Severely tempted to bring the soot bike on this (if the forecast is dry) what with all that lifting-over-gates-action.
Also, I really, really, really don't get on with the Look Blade pedals on the Ti bike.
Can't clip in without looking. Can't clip out without dislocating a hip.
Wish I hadn't bought them.
Meh!

hatler

Guru
Severely tempted to bring the soot bike on this (if the forecast is dry) what with all that lifting-over-gates-action.
Also, I really, really, really don't get on with the Look Blade pedals on the Ti bike.
Can't clip in without looking. Can't clip out without dislocating a hip.
Wish I hadn't bought them.
Meh!
Change the pedals ?

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I'd be happy to TEC.
I'm more of an All Up man, myself

Top Bottom