to race or to wait

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jamma

Über Member
All seems a bit odd this one, he did a 32 minute 10 or something the other day yet is only averaging 13.5 seems odd maths to me. Knock 8 minutes off that time then have a go at a handicap race.

Yeah my 10 mile TT was about that but when i go out on my own i just doing 13.5mph average

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
wind up.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru
I am in two minds about racing since my average speed is about 13.5 mph. My heart says go for it but my brain says train this year like crazy and get the speed up so i won't get dropped on the first lap.

Get out and race.

You will ride harder than you ever have before.

You will see where you are really at, and be inspired to truly work hard.

You will be able to look back, as I have just today, and see how far you've come.

Update!

Two weeks until Ironman 70.3 Staffordshire - Uhoh.
Ironman 70.3 Staffordshire

Did a local event this morning, OLT Sprint Triathlon at Leybourne Lakes. Three years ago I did my first Tri, Hever Sprint - it took 2:01:07. I was sixth from last. Today took me 1hr 17. :becool:

For anyone thinking about giving it a go - The training works. Be patient. Even if you're a wine and cheese tubster like me, you can do it.

In April, 70.3hrs , 59790 calories, 46 workouts, 819 miles.

I'd love to get some charity donations for Scope and Bloodwise if you're impressed. Linky

@jamma. The 10m TT was on the flat but the longer ride has 1341ft of climbing. Why don't you go and ride the TT course three times and see what your average speed is to get a like for like.

Thorpe Thewles isn't exactly flat and that is why it is part of the national champs when the Stockton road race takes place.

Ian193

Über Member
I did my clubs novice road race last May and averaged 16.1 mph for 8.8 miles and got dropped so if you're only averaging 13.5 mph I'd leave racing this year and train hard and try racing next year

Top Bottom