Tooooo hot to cycle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

man in black

just a tad too hot for me, I will wait to it cools down!

ToTeEndBar

Regular
Did 8 miles at lunchtime :blush:. Did my first ever 50 miler on Sunday, and the lunch ride was due to be a bit longer, but the legs said no....and it was too blooming hot :sun:^_^

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I passed this today..

melted ice cream van.png

Where is this heatwave you mention? Somewhere in the UK? Not likely! UK does not do hot!
Altho' if you are a fair english rose that melts when the sun comes out I can understand your reluctance. For me, its never to hot to ride in the UK.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's lovely. Just keep moving. Not so good when you get stuck at lights, but hey ho, I didn't sit in the traffic queue, or burn alive on a train with the smell of BO for comfort.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
On hot days (i.e. 40+) I just fully unzip my jersey, so the wind cools my chest, and the flapping of the jersey on my back as I ride cools my back. It's surprisingly effective. As for the females, well you can also try this approach, and as long as you're wearing a bra, we'll try not to complain... :whistle:

buggi

Bird Saviour
Yes I HATE the heat. Anything above 22 and I'm suffering badly. I was seriously flagging on the way home tonight and stopped off at my mums til 8pm. When I left hers, it was lovely and cool, just the right temperature.

Late Autumn is my fave time of year when there is a slight chill in the air

si_c

Guru
Yeah was proper hot this afternoon on the way home, bit of a headwind all the way back though, which was very welcome. Went out about half 8 for another 10 miles or so. Absolutely perfect.

Top Bottom