Tooooo hot to cycle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

With the current heatwave its too hot just to go out for a nice cycle ride.:sweat:
Best time is possibly later in the evening.
Does anyone think that cycling in such conditions is possibly not a good thing to do especially as you get older.:unsure:

I thoroughly enjoyed my days commuting in the sun. A quick question, why is it possibly not a good thing to do as you get older? I'm 63 and hot weather is not a problem, its lovely to feel the warm sun on my back, a big improvement on the rain and cold.

OP
OP
DEFENDER01

DEFENDER01

Über Member
No i have decided its too hot to cycle.:sweat:
I will wait till it cools down a bit and let those who like it do their pedaling in the heat :sun:
meanwhile i will resort in using the other source of transport V8 has three pedals but mainly use the one on the right where it makes a nice sound. :okay:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Well, I didn't feel awake enough for a proper ride this morning, was with sick grandchild most of the day so went for a sunset ride along the Thames this evening. Can I be the first to complain about feeling cold today?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That just seems so, well, wrong. :wacko:

A pair of running shorts,no sweaty jersey,no helmet,no loonoids in cars,no fair weather wobbly cyclists and my mind was allowed to wander instead of concentrating on my surroundings. Instead of boring sunbathing do something positive and get a tan at the same time!:okay:

No such thing. Same applies to Rain and Cold. Well, unless it's 10 feet snowdrifts I guess.

Suncream and water.]

Having said that - I took a mountain bike out for 2 hours in Porto Santo (same latitude as Egypt)
When I returned, I fell ill with sunstroke & heatstroke.

Donut
Commute home was fecking hot yesterday at around 4pm, and oddly breezy especially from Twyford to Dinton Pastures.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I went for an evening ride at 8:30 for an hour, was still baking

Lonestar

Veteran
A pair of running shorts,no sweaty jersey,no helmet,no loonoids in cars,no fair weather wobbly cyclists and my mind was allowed to wander instead of concentrating on my surroundings. Instead of boring sunbathing do something positive and get a tan at the same time!:okay:

No cars is the bit that won me.:hyper:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Shizenhausen, I just went for a lunch time ride and, dare I say it, it was too damn hot.

OP
OP
DEFENDER01

DEFENDER01

Über Member
I have decided its too hot to cycle and anyone that does are wired up wrong.:crazy:
The weatherman said its dangerously hot and could cause deaths so i will try not to add to that list. :stop:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Out of here in 10 minutes.. roll on the hot weather and roll on the cycle commute home.. loving it
Must remember to grab the water bottle from the freezer before I leave...

Top Bottom