Tooooo hot to cycle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Just been out for a quick 30 miler. Heart rate was elevated but the 37c temp didn't feel too bad.
Is that what it was, 37? BBC is reporting 35 degrees right now and not dropping to 30 until 9pm. So much for my plan to take the air once it was down to 30...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Is that what it was, 37? BBC is reporting 35 degrees right now and not dropping to 30 until 9pm. So much for my plan to take the air once it was down to 30...

Saying 34 in Deptford at this moment in time..

D

Deleted member 1258

Thoroughly enjoyed commuting in the sun, but why the headwind both ways? The strange thing riding home was that the breeze was hot, unusual for the UK.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
With the current heatwave its too hot just to go out for a nice cycle ride.:sweat:
Best time is possibly later in the evening.
Does anyone think that cycling in such conditions is possibly not a good thing to do especially as you get older.:unsure:
I see it like this... i can sit on my arris in front of a fan which pushes air towards me and takes the edge of the heat... or, i can sit on my bike and push myself through the the air, taking the edge off the heat. Yesterday afternoon's ride was fabulous... much more fun that sitting indoors

byegad

Legendary Member
I've ridden in 35 C conditions a few times, hydration is key, and I find it's best to keep moving, just not too energetically! Once you stop the heat and lack of a cooling breeze from your movement makes it very uncomfortable, very quickly.

OP
OP
DEFENDER01

DEFENDER01

Über Member
I see it like this... i can sit on my arris in front of a fan which pushes air towards me and takes the edge of the heat... or, i can sit on my bike and push myself through the the air, taking the edge off the heat. Yesterday afternoon's ride was fabulous... much more fun that sitting indoors
Maybe but being in front of the fan is not quite the same as it requires no body movement to generate heat.
As for sitting indoors chance would be a fine thing. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom