Tour de France 2019 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If true it's a staggeringly dumb move on their part. I mean, even I know enough not to deviate from the tried and trusted nutritional science of peanut butter and marmite sandwiches before a big audax.
It could be an excuse though.
However, it's a poorly run team that changes nutrition to something untried, and then forgets to supply food for the riders after one stage and have to get some pre-packed dross from the motorway services

Adam4868

Guru
Lefevre reckons Alaphilippe will not get GC support next year arguing they won't have the team and is sceptical of Bernal, mentioning Ulrich in the same breath

https://www.feltet.dk/nyheder/lefev...r_at_vinde_touren_med_alaphilippe_naeste_aar/
Interesting with a touch of sour grapes ? Allaphillipe...it's not like he's not had a successful year as it is.Regardless of his outstanding tour.
As for Bernal the tour isn't his first win of the year,he's won the Paris Nice and Tour de Suisse this year ! Has anyone else done all three in same year ? Anyway he may not even ride the Tour next year.I really would doubt we've seen the end of his grand tour wins

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
According to Google Translate “We don't have the team [to win the Tour de France next year, ed.]. We will pursue other objectives. Julian [Alaphilippe, ed.] Will not have strong enough teammates to win next year, ”

In other words, "don't go expecting us to turn into a GC team and trying to take on Ineos because that's not what we're all about". Which seems fair enough. They don't have the cash for a doomed GC project, Ineos have much more money, and DQS are very good at what they're very good at right now.

As for the Ullrich comparison, that's very odd. Perhaps he thinks Bernal will get fat and start taking cocaine.

It could be an excuse though.
However, it's a poorly run team that changes nutrition to something untried, and then forgets to supply food for the riders after one stage and have to get some pre-packed dross from the motorway services

Every interview I've seen with Kristoff, he's always blaming someone/something else: given the wrong tyres, too windy or hilly, getting boxed in, not enough help from his team mates or DS, (he even blamed Edvald for not helping him more, when EBH chose to ride for himself instead of his over-inflated egoed(?) compatriot.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Bernal doesn't look like the sort of bloke to eat all the curried wurst and glug the beers in Oktoberfest like Fat Jan though!

Adam4868

Guru
Bernal doesn't look like the sort of bloke to eat all the curried wurst and glug the beers in Oktoberfest like Fat Jan though!
I don't know...
I’ve got a bit of head pain, too many beers,” Bernal joked to Sporza before the race, admitting he is still struggling to understand that he won the 2019 Tour de France
Just raced in Belgium and rumoured to be racing with Allaphillipe in San Sebastian.

U

User169

I don't know...
I’ve got a bit of head pain, too many beers,” Bernal joked to Sporza before the race, admitting he is still struggling to understand that he won the 2019 Tour de France
Just raced in Belgium and rumoured to be racing with Allaphillipe in San Sebastian.

Amusing end to that crit. Bernal was obviously supposed to win, but Evenepoel evidently hadn't got them memo and scorched past a bemused looking Bernal and Laurens de Plus in the final straight. Bernal "won" last night though in Roeselare.

Adam4868

Guru
Amusing end to that crit. Bernal was obviously supposed to win, but Evenepoel evidently hadn't got them memo and scorched past a bemused looking Bernal and Laurens de Plus in the final straight. Bernal "won" last night though in Roeselare.
I'm guessing it was just a bit of a "exhibition" race ? Great for the fans who could go though.The hype now is about Bernal and Allaphillipe racing San Sebastian.

Top Bottom