Tour de France *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
http://www.strava.com/activities/168039628

Impressive speed considering elevation!!

Yes, I enjoyed the stage
Looking forward to today's stage as we'll be riding some of it in a few weeks (but in the opposite direction). It really is a pity we're not going to see Froome, Bertie and Nibbles fighting it out.
a lot more today as I have ridden much of the roads and climbs, always good to recognise places you have been.

Majka was impressive today. Imagine what he must be on to beat Nibali?!! Pinot must be on something to descend like that and is anyone else wondering how TJ Vengarderen managed 6th ahead of ValVerde and Schleck?? TJ is American so he has clear ties to Armstrong and Schleck rode with Contador who was once in a team with Armstrong!! He's almost ALIEN!!!

Porte apparently ill with chest infection. Bad form at Team Sky means 'better lying about illness than to admit weakness'.

Hang on, this thread is rubbing off on me. Pretty soon i'll be accusing LeMond of being a dope head and Wiggins a future Grand tour winner...........

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
@Pedrosanchezo if you are going to get annoyed every time I make sweeping accusations with no basis other than I'm a grumpy middle-aged nobber then you are going to have a lot of annoyance.

I think you'll find not everyone of the riders is being held as suspicious. Your approach is very similar to the Lance fanboys. Ridicule everyone who dares raise any doubt,

I admit to "stirring it" a bit with Tony Martin as I do think his ride was legitimately good. I do however think that Nibali's form should be open to question; I know his progression, etc, but I still have doubts about him.

I''ll accept your niaivety if you'll accept my nobbery, ok? ;)

Last edited:

KennaughKickIt

Porte apparently ill with chest infection. Bad form at Team Sky means 'better lying about illness than to admit weakness'.

Come on man, Sky aren't capable of having an off year, all the other teams are doping and you're too blind to see it.

@Pedrosanchezo if you are going to get annoyed every time I make sweeping accusations with no basis other than I'm a grumpy middle-aged nobber then you are going to have a lot of annoyance.

I think you'll find not everyone of the riders is being held as suspicious. You're approach is very similar to the Lance fanboys. Ridicule everyone who dares raise any doubt,

I admit to "stirring it" a bit with Tony Martin as I do think his ride was legitimately good. I do however think that Nibali's form should be open to question; I know his progression, etc, but I still have doubts about him.

I''ll accept your niaivety if you'll accept my nobbery, ok? ;)
Marmion, lets just assume i have a reasonable knowledge of the history of the sport and it's scandals. I'll assume you do too. Fair?

Lets also assume that a Lance fanboy is a nobber. Lets also assume LA is a nobber x infinite. Fair?

Great.

Now, can we just get back to talking about the bloody racing and leave all the uncalled for accusations to those who really are nobbers? Or am i being Naive................

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yes, ban them, ban them all.
What, this Barnham Hall?
hall-front-001.jpg

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Now, can we just get back to talking about the bloody racing and leave all the uncalled for accusations to those who really are nobbers? Or am i being Naive................

I would have "liked" that post until the last sentence. I reserve the right to be suspicious of riders who show form that does not add up in my brain - Nibali falls into that category. I truly hope that he is clean and that what we are seeing from him is not a deception. But something in my mind just can't see that; all around him riders are grimacing, clearly making huge efforts and (sometimes) blowing up, yet he rides off at what appears to be at will with little evidence of suffering...day after day. I admit his choice of team and their manager has a huge influence on my views. But maybe rightly so. I don't know. I'm enjoying the race below him immensely; the villain of ValvPiti and the new knights who want to depose him is great viewing.

Vive le Tour. Whatever. (I even do better quotes than Lance) :laugh:

KennaughKickIt

You appear to take too much offence to what are (certainly in my case) mostly cynical forum accusations. Such displays of precipitancy lead me to think that you too could be doping?

Top Bottom