Tour de France - Stage 13 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skip Madness

Stage 13 runs 200km from Vittel to Colmar over some serious bumps:

PROFIL.gif

Today's climbs are:

Cat. 3 - Côte de Xertigny (2.0km ay 5.3%)
Cat. 2 - Col de la Schlucht (8.9km at 4.2%)
Cat. 1 - Col du Platzerwasel (8.7km at 7.6%)
Cat. 3 - Col du Bannstein (2.1km at 5.1%)
Cat. 2 - Col du Firstplan (8.4km at 5.4%)

I don't see much moving about on GC, although Cadel Evans and Carlos Sastre may well launch speculative attacks from distance (provided the former is OK after today's crash). Many people see Rinaldo Nocentini losing yellow come the stage's end, but I think he will hang on until Verbier. Bradley Wiggins will also be untroubled.

As for the stage victory itself, I fancy a break to finish ahead of the yellow jersey group. Linus Gerdemann will like the look of it, but I reckon Alessandro Ballan could be well-suited. The climbs aren't too tough and the world champ's condition must be improving.

Noodley

I'd like to see Sandy Casar get a win :wacko:

yello

scook94 said:
Levi Leipheimer is out with a broken wrist...

That's bad news. I saw him tumble (with Evans) but thought he was okay. It'll be a bit of a blow of team Astana too. I hate to see any rider go out, regardless of their colours. Looked like such an innocuous and silly off too.

yello

Today, hmmmm, dunno. It's getting to be beyond my knowledge sphere!

I do think though that the contenders that are back in the GC, the likes of Sastre and Evans, have got to be looking to claw some time back somewhere.

Nocenti will fight. He loves being in yellow and he probably realises that his days are nearing the end. Col de Platzerwasel looks to be the only real challenge today so I'm going to side with SM and say Nocenti should stay in yellow. And Wiggins should move to 4th - but not in the circumstances I'd prefer.

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Chuffy said:
Maybe Mr Moncoutie will finish his extended tea break and remember what he's in my team at the Tour for.

Ditto. Time to get a move on David

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I live in hope that someone in the GC race (Satre, Evans, Schlecks) will have a go and enliven the race. Time for Nocentini to move aside in my opinion and stop the phoney war. He's had his Andy Warhol moment.

Top Bottom