Tour de Langkawi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
In 2003 the "fight" between Tom Danielson who was then with Saturn and Hernan Dario Munoz who was with Colombia Selle-Italia was one of the most exciting climbing stages I'd seen anywhere. Danielson missed out when he unclipped just before the line (he still may not have taken the stage even if he didn't do that) but he still got the overall.

wafflycat

Just had a response from Channel 4:..

"Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding TOUR OF
LANGKAWI.

We last broadcast this in 2005. Unfortunately there are no plans to cover
this event in 2009. We are sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4 and for
your interest in our programming."

Ah well... obviously it's not as classy as BB...

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
So the Genting Highlands really did sort the men from the boys. Great piece of well-paced and destructive climbing by Serpa. I always like to see the Colombians do well... probably a legacy of watching Parra and Herrera in Le Tour way back when. Also a good attempt (though ultimately, it cost him) by Dan Fleeman... I am liking the Cervelo Test team this year.

Renard

wafflycat said:
Just had a response from Channel 4:..

"Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding TOUR OF
LANGKAWI.

We last broadcast this in 2005. Unfortunately there are no plans to cover
this event in 2009. We are sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4 and for
your interest in our programming."

Ah well... obviously it's not as classy as BB...

That's a pity. Thanks for posting!

Skip Madness

I have been a fan of José Serpa's for quite a while so I am pleased to see him starting this season so well. It is also nice to see Ángel Gómez Marchante getting into reasonable condition too - apparently he has sorted out most of his illnesses and injuries, so I predict a good showing for him at the Vuelta.

Haland

The Tour de Langkawi has been very exiting,(even though I have no channel that allows me to see it) The most impressive man is the one who finished 4th today,
Fredrik Kessiakoff (Fuji-Servetto), not only is he swedish(as me) but he is also a first year pro, just last year he rhode the olympics in the mountainbike discipline but has allready adjusted to road racing! Thats pretty cool!

Skip Madness

Haland said:
The most impressive man is the one who finished 4th today, Fredrik Kessiakoff (Fuji-Servetto), not only is he swedish(as me) but he is also a first year pro, just last year he rhode the olympics in the mountainbike discipline but has allready adjusted to road racing! Thats pretty cool!
Yes - as a supporter of the old Saunier Duval team I am glad for any success Fuji - Servetto gets, and Kessiakoff was inside a minute of Serpa. You cannot fluke a result like that.

Top Bottom