Tour Down Under *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dragon72

Guru
Not long now until the peloton hits the hot tarmac of the Aussie summer.
Big Jens is using it to start his last season. I wonder if the commentary will mention how old he is.
Greipel and Kittel will be looking to bag some sprints in a duel of the Teutonic square jaws, with Goss inches behind as always.
Porte's leading the Sky posse, with G Thomas in support with his pelvis back in top condition, one assumes.
FdJ have a positively culinary squad with Roux, LeCuisinier and (I'm not making this up) Soupe scheduled to start.
Who do you fancy?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I find it hard to give a toss about this race but It's worth keeping up as it's the first race of the season. I'm guessing it will be on Sky with the Chuckle Bros commentating?:thumbsdown:

raindog

er.....
for me the season starts with the first stage of the Etoile de Besseges just down the road on the 5th february, and then the first stage of the TourMed on the 13th finishing in Montagnac this year about 15k from here. :becool:

EDIT
sorry about the thread drift

montage

God Almighty
Thomas to win a stage and everybody will say he is ready to win all the classics this year.
Meyer to win overall (Gerrans would be the safe bet, but safe bets are zzzz)
Goss to win the sprints (ha)
TV coverage to miss any interesting attacks
Porte to place 2nd overall

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Okay, despite my indifference I note that there are a few interesting names in the race notwithstanding Dragon's culinary ones upthread!
Frank Schleck on his comeback without his flaky bro.
A brace of van Poppels
Gurning Tommy V - Monty's favourite pin-up
Rick Zabel attempting to follow cleanly in his Dad's footsteps
Ian Stannard - does he ever miss a race????
Andy Fenn surely must produce this year if he's to get another contract at OPQS
Philip Deignan - new boy at Sky could be a good signng
etc

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
He won't let me down again!

He'd bloody better not.

The Couch

Über Member
Well, Tommy V is out with a busted collar bone
Hopefully for him that doesn't mean his season will turn out like last year's... after that collar bone fracture he didn't show much for the rest of the season
I guess that makes Cousin Europcar's rider for the general classification.... or otherwise put, they'll do what they usually do and go for a stage win in an escape :smile:

oldroadman

Veteran
for me the season starts with the first stage of the Etoile de Besseges just down the road on the 5th february, and then the first stage of the TourMed on the 13th finishing in Montagnac this year about 15k from here. :becool:

EDIT
sorry about the thread drift

So you should be, but that's when euro racing starts and the real guide to form for the classics.
Meanwhile in UK, first proper race (not winter series training jobs) is down south - Perfs RR, 9 February, which has been going for almost 50 years. Bet it will be wet and/or cold as well, so much for the sunny south...:whistle:
Ah, sorry, thread drift again!

Top Bottom