Tour of Britain 2014...on my doorstep (may contain SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suzeworld

Veteran
I dont understand why sky bother with wiggins.

Really? Like, really you don't know?
Short memory, is it?
Bradley%20Wiggins%20of%20Britain%20celebrates.jpg

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, well, well. With Dowsett's TTing prowess, if he doesn't mess up, he's got this in the bag. Really excellent riding by him, and really poor tactical thinking by Kwat, Wiggins and the peloton.

400bhp

Guru
Really? Like, really you don't know?
Short memory, is it?
Bradley%20Wiggins%20of%20Britain%20celebrates.jpg

You think Sky should continue to pay him at possibly the highest salary on the team for his past successes which are over 2 years ago? The are a business not a charity. I think they are being made fools of.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There are two hills that could possibly upset Dowsett tomorrow.
Ditchling Beacon is a mile at 10% followed by a fast downhill and flat for 4miles, before another mile or so at 10%, then a dash down and flat to the finish.
It's not inconceivable that a good climber like Kwiat could take back the time from Dowsett.

jarlrmai

Veteran
What a finish to this race!

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
You think Sky should continue to pay him at possibly the highest salary on the team for his past successes which are over 2 years ago? The are a business not a charity. I think they are being made fools of.
but wiggins is the biggest marketable star in British cycling, knowing that sky is a machine and doesn't really carry anyone im sure they are very happy with what they get from him or they wouldnt keep paying him or give him a new contract

NorvernRob

but wiggins is the biggest marketable star in British cycling, knowing that sky is a machine and doesn't really carry anyone im sure they are very happy with what they get from him or they wouldnt keep paying him or give him a new contract

Exactly, he pays his own wages just by being Bradley Wiggins, the cool cycling Mod. He must still sell more Sky kit than the rest of the team put together.

To many people it doesn't matter that he doesn't seem to give a toss about any race he enters these days, he's a hero and that's it.

suzeworld

Veteran
Haters gotta hate and knockers gonna knock, but it is not a minor achievement to be the first Brit to win the Tour de France and that WHY Sky bother with him.

Top Bottom