Tour of Britain 2014...on my doorstep (may contain SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
but wiggins is the biggest marketable star in British cycling, knowing that sky is a machine and doesn't really carry anyone im sure they are very happy with what they get from him or they wouldnt keep paying him or give him a new contract

You might be right. Or they may feel trapped by the potential backlash if they "sacked" him.

Now, if only they could let him go to another team for next season that might play to the crowd better.:popcorn:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Setting off to Camberley in about half an hour. It's still bloody dark! This is not how a gentleman rises.

MisterStan

Label Required
Haters gotta hate and knockers gonna knock, but it is not a minor achievement to be the first Brit to win the Tour de France and that WHY Sky bother with him.
No one is saying that is a minor achievement, is just that he's achieved bugger all since 2012, last years ToB wasn't even classified as high as this years and the Tour of California?

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I've written two replies about Wiggins this morning and to be honest I can't be bothered with it.

Great work by Dowsett, Brandle and Stewart yesterday, should set up some serious competition today. It'd be good to see Dowsett win GC but Kwiatkowski's got to put in a serious attack today, surely?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've just been up the Beacon and someone has repainted the Pantani road graffiti that had been there since the 1994 TDF.
I know he was a drug cheat but I missed the nostalgic reminder when they re-tarmaced it a couple of years ago.
2014-09-13 10.20.23.jpg
2014-09-13 10.20.49.jpg

400bhp

Guru
What a thoroughly nice chap Dowsett is - thanking the other two breakway "companions"by saying he couldn't have done it without them.:thumbsup:

Really like the Austrian fella.Looks the biz.:smile:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
You watching on ITV? When the commentary team is Hugh Porter and Brian Smith, I can easily believe they missed it. The Eurosport commentators didn't.
Yep. They just clocked it now reviewing the finish. They did see him try to sprint away but missed him go into the barrier two seconds later. :wacko:

Top Bottom