Tour of Britain 2014...on my doorstep (may contain SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berties

Fast and careful!
I'm feeling a day out to dartmoor on day 5 ,what a course!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It will be around 3 miles from me on the finish of the tumble, tough climb to finish an 150km stage on. I will be there

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It will be about 4 miles from us once its gone through Chinnor, and there's a hill for them to get over. I won't be there as I've already got meetings booked.

rvw

Guru
It will be about 4 miles from us once its gone through Chinnor, and there's a hill for them to get over. I won't be there as I've already got meetings booked.
...but Friday is my normal day off, so I'll be out watching.

Had originally planned to watch in a couple of places nearby and then ride like the wind to see them go to the top of Ditchling Beacon on the saturday. Looked in the diary and noticed someone had booked a holiday - we leave for La Belle France that day, avec le vélo j'espère - great planning!!

jagman.2003

Über Member
Yes it's annoying that there isn't any detail. I've tried working out where they will go from Stroud and I do think it could be to the east of the A38, apart from anything it will be lumpier near the Cotswolds. And what time will they arrive in the city, and the resulting road closures to get across to the finish. (The road closures won't bother me, there is always a way through for a bike using other little routes as long as there aren't loads of people standing!)

Website now says more details at the end of July. I've already booked the day off for stage 4. I've got a few ideas where some of the potential routes might be. I live bang in the middle. Simple walk to watch hopefully.
I got overtaken by two sponsored Skodas on Saturday near Birdlip...! Very exciting.

Ofcourse I could ride my BSA Tour of Britain to watch!

PaulBrdmn

Will be in Liverpool for the start but I'd like a better map of Stage 2 to ride out to watch.

Whereabouts are you thinking?

It goes Safari Park-Cronton-Widnes (via Kingsway)-Runcorn (expressways mostly except Halton Lea)-Dutton-Acton Bridge-Crowton-Manley-Wrexham-Llay-Mold-KoM B5381-Melin-Conwy-Llanfair-Kom2 (tbc)-Llanwrst-Conwy-Llandudno!

jarlrmai

Veteran
Whereabouts are you thinking?

It goes Safari Park-Cronton-Widnes (via Kingsway)-Runcorn (expressways mostly except Halton Lea)-Dutton-Acton Bridge-Crowton-Manley-Wrexham-Llay-Mold-KoM B5381-Melin-Conwy-Llanfair-Kom2 (tbc)-Llanwrst-Conwy-Llandudno!

I'm north Liverpool so its likely to be somewhere near the start (Wales is a bit far but I bet it will be better scenery), if anyone's up for it.

PaulBrdmn

I'm north Liverpool so its likely to be somewhere near the start (Wales is a bit far but I bet it will be better scenery), if anyone's up for it.

I was thinking about Wales myself for the same reasons but it's doing a fair chunk of my commute and Sunday loop so tempted to hang around near Water Lane (maybe top of the bit that goes over the Knowsley Expressway) to see them on the roads I ride everyday!

Top Bottom