Trivial things that make you think 'yuk!'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Brown shoes, period.

I like this guy!

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
Black shoes and white socks!

Cats that are allowed to walk on any surface in the house including food prep areas and dining room table. As to cats eating off your cutlery, we'll that's disgusting!

Once where I used i live I walked down my road and could see a cat on the other pavement at the end of my side road on the other side where there was a big expanse of tarnac pavement. The cat looked like it was eating something. It was trying to. I crossed over, walked past it and it didn't even notice me. I went into few supermarket opposite and did a shop. Over half an hour later I walked back and the cat was still trying to eat what it had found. It was a dried up earthworm that was practically welded to the tarmac.

Cats are every bit as disgusting as dogs imho but without the social and other skills dogs have. My friend's dog got cancer, the other dog was letting my friend know it by continously pointing to the spot with the cancer. She didn't know what it meant. Weeks later that sick dog deteriorated very quickly so she went to the vet's to get diagnosed and treated. The dog went into remission for a year or two then the healthy dog started pointing to another part of the other dog's anatomy. She went straight to the vets and the cancer had returned to the spot being pointed at. Those dogs were from the same litter so were very close. BTW cancer detecting dogs do so after training. This dog did it without training. I guess that's collies for you!

When younger we all went to a BBQ and house party at a mates. After we all crashed at his. The guys who were in his spare bed had a bad night. What kept waking them up was the guy's semi feral pet cat. When it catches anything, if it's not hungry it takes the carcass and leaves it in the house. The guy picks up body parts of various mammals every day but more come. When the weather is bad the cat takes shelter. If the house is nearest that's where it goes. It then proceeds to eat the dead animals my friend missed. First the loud crunch as it eats the heads. Then it leaves the body to eat another head.

You'd get up and go to the toilet half asleep only to step on bits of dead animals. Luckily the cat prefers the spare bedroom and we were in front of the fire in his front room. We had a good sleep without bone crunching cat.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Business owners that manipulate English to make it sound cool or whatever, but it just ends up naff. Grrrr.

Screenshot_20240208-125124.png

Profpointy

Legendary Member
A blue suit worn with brown shoes. Makes me feel ill.

I've just bought a blue Harris tweed suit, (following the recommendation of out forum's Accrington based style guru) and I think such a country suit would look a tad silly with black shoes. Tan brogues is the way to go !

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Business owners that manipulate English to make it sound cool or whatever, but it just ends up naff. Grrrr.

View attachment 721124

'Texting speak'...mixing numbers with shorthand words ie. msg4U. Also 'plz', I loathe that one almost as much as a former commodities trader who recently took part in a TV jungle based show.

Also, using 'Z' in place of 'S' in words, largely for the reason you posted the image ie. 'treads' becomes 'treadz'. Yep, naff.

Daft lines on telly. That bit in the opening credits of 'Knight Rider'...'in a dangerous world of criminals who operate above the law'. Eh?...they're criminals, unlikely to obey the law!.

Clickbait articles ie. 'this is (insert celebrity), how they live now is awful' and my 'favourite'....'Russia drilled this borehole and sealed it up because of the shocking discovery...'. I'm a geologist, I know the hole in question, the Kola Superdeep Borehole. It was abandoned mainly because they cash dried up. There is no shocking discovery. On a seperate note, I saw an article in the comedy 'newspaper' Daily Star the other week announcing that the Chinese are drilling to the centre of the Earth....FFS...no they aren't. In the age of Google & Wikipedia, journalists are getting lazy.

Alex321

Veteran
'Texting speak'...mixing numbers with shorthand words ie. msg4U. Also 'plz', I loathe that one almost as much as a former commodities trader who recently took part in a TV jungle based show.

Also, using 'Z' in place of 'S' in words, largely for the reason you posted the image ie. 'treads' becomes 'treadz'. Yep, naff.

Daft lines on telly. That bit in the opening credits of 'Knight Rider'...'in a dangerous world of criminals who operate above the law'. Eh?...they're criminals, unlikely to obey the law!.

Clickbait articles ie. 'this is (insert celebrity), how they live now is awful' and my 'favourite'....'Russia drilled this borehole and sealed it up because of the shocking discovery...'. I'm a geologist, I know the hole in question, the Kola Superdeep Borehole. It was abandoned mainly because they cash dried up. There is no shocking discovery. On a seperate note, I saw an article in the comedy 'newspaper' Daily Star the other week announcing that the Chinese are drilling to the centre of the Earth....FFS...no they aren't. In the age of Google & Wikipedia, journalists are getting lazy.

Shouldn't all this be in the trivial things that annoy thread, rather than trivial things that make you go "yuk"?

Slick

Guru
When younger we all went to a BBQ and house party at a mates. After we all crashed at his. The guys who were in his spare bed had a bad night. What kept waking them up was the guy's semi feral pet cat. When it catches anything, if it's not hungry it takes the carcass and leaves it in the house. The guy picks up body parts of various mammals every day but more come. When the weather is bad the cat takes shelter. If the house is nearest that's where it goes. It then proceeds to eat the dead animals my friend missed. First the loud crunch as it eats the heads. Then it leaves the body to eat another head.

You'd get up and go to the toilet half asleep only to step on bits of dead animals. Luckily the cat prefers the spare bedroom and we were in front of the fire in his front room. We had a good sleep without bone crunching cat.

Wow, and you think cats are disgusting. :eek:

Top Bottom