Uncommonplace items you do own...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I've got:

A 'round tuit'
An Irish Mug (handle on inside)
A skydiving video camera helmet
Worn out kneesliders
Trophy for Best Lurcher in Show (Bishop Burton 1993)
The same spider plant I got as a cutting 28 years ago

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
dellzeqq said:

I had a photo of Coppi going up a mountain on the wall of my office. A visiting salesman asked, 'Is that you?'

I was embarrassed.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A Calais-Brindisi tee-shirt.
A Bond Minicar Mk C handbook:-
FOOT BRAKE PEDAL.
This is the centre pedal and controls the brakes on both the front and rear wheels. It also operates the rear brake light.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
a blockbusters filofax (and dictionary, signed by numerous contestants, production staff and mr holness himself)

a green metal dragon that holds tealights

a set of tub wheels built by reg harris' mechanic

longers

Legendary Member
ComedyPilot said:
I've got:

Trophy for Best Lurcher in Show (Bishop Burton 1993)

I've got a rosette for first place in "Best 6 legs in show". Padfield Plum Fair 2007.

TVC

Fossilised Sabre toothed tiger poo, and a fang of the same species (thats what happens when your mate is an archeologist and particularly tight).

Rhythm Thief said:
I've got one of those! I identified Nick Drake's "Pink Moon" on the Crucial Three. How did you get yours?

I identified the outro to Cream's "Sunshine Of Your Love" on the Crucial Three. I've also had the honour of having my Crucial Three selected too!:sad:

purplepolly

a harp
a custom made guitar

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have a signed photo of Jilly Goolden.;) Not sure where that came from.

I also have a portrate of myself drawn by a robot during a Science Museum exhibition back in the 80's.

I have an A0 drawing board that is still in use.

We have on our living-room wall an original of a cartoon by Bill Papas, Guardian political cartoonist in the 1960s. Complete with mouse (his signature).

Reminds me, somewhere in the loft I have a stack of old newspapers covering historic events. Lost the JFK assassination one: got scrapped by mistake ;), but I've got Winston Churchill's death, and the Moon landing. The papers are so brittle now that I'm reluctant to unfold them...

peanut

Roman silver denarius . Found on top of a hill in Ilchester came out of the ground shiny silver as new as the day it was lost 2000 years ago.

Top Bottom