Undertaken while turning right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There i was today turning right when i saw a car also turn right and force me into the middle of the road. It's the first time that's happened as far as i can remember. I felt this idiot getting impatient as i waited in the middle bit where you wait to turn right. When it was clear i turned right quickly as it's a 50mph limit,only to see the idiot on my left leaving me unable to move in. Wtf are you doing you dick??!! said me,to which he replied oh sorry have i done something wrong? How could you be so thick to think that's acceptable? All he had to do was let me turn right but no he had to undertake me acting like a prick. I reckon he was another anti cyclist i'll teach them a lesson self-gratification artist. Anyway i got in front of the idiot and held him up for about 30 seconds to wipe out any gain he made in time, when he pulled his stunt. A car behind both of us blasted his horn when the incident happened. I thought he was blasting at me but when it was over he wound down his window and offered to go after the prick but i declined as i thought things might get out of hand. To make matters worse the tosser gave me one of those toodle pip waves as he passed, when he knew he was safe. Tosser!!! Anyway, rant over thanks for listening.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Have you considered anger management? I know the driver was in the wrong but you are letting it affect you far more than is good for you.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So i'm in the wrong for getting mad at someone who thought he'd do a punishment pass because he doesn't like cyclists? This fellow knew exactly what he was doing. He played all innocent but all he had to do was let me turn right then follow when i'd completed the manoeuvre. He put me at risk yet i'm supposed to just let it go? I think i was fairly restrained, he had his window open i could've punched the git.but i didn't. This rant is a culmination of dangerous driving moves i've had to put up with for ages. I didn't mention the idiot who indicated at the roundabout to turn left then when i pulled out she carried on on the roundabout coming at me at speed. forcing me to hit the brakes. What do you lot do when someone nearly knocks you off. Smile and let it go over your head?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Walter Mitty post..
what happend and what you thought should be seperated at the point of posting the thread..

example...
i passed a car this morning and had to swerve to miss the opening door, i muttered a few obscenities as i passed ...

the Mitty version..
guy tried to kill me with a car door today, i ripped the door off his car and used it as a suppository.

winjim

Smash the cistern
You complain that you think someone's out to teach you a lesson, but in the next sentence you gloat about teaching him a lesson. Do you see any issues with that?

There will always be idiots on the road, and even well meaning drivers and cyclists will make mistakes. Learn to anticipate and allow for them, and then yes, let it go. You'll feel a lot better for it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I spent last Sunday riding in east Lancashire, without incident.

Bully for you. I've spent many days riding without incident, but yesterday someone rattled my cage.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Walter Mitty post..
what happend and what you thought should be seperated at the point of posting the thread..

example...
i passed a car this morning and had to swerve to miss the opening door, i muttered a few obscenities as i passed ...

the Mitty version..
guy tried to kill me with a car door today, i ripped the door off his car and used it as a suppository.

So i'm making it up. I'm imagining he undertook me and forced me into the middle of the road?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You complain that you think someone's out to teach you a lesson, but in the next sentence you gloat about teaching him a lesson. Do you see any issues with that?

There will always be idiots on the road, and even well meaning drivers and cyclists will make mistakes. Learn to anticipate and allow for them, and then yes, let it go. You'll feel a lot better for it.
Teaching someone a lesson by using your car as a weapon is different to teaching someone a lesson by slowing them down with a 8kg bike.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Teaching someone a lesson by using your car as a weapon is different to teaching someone a lesson by slowing them down with a 8kg bike.
And what lesson do you think he actually learned? Do you think he is more or less likely to treat cyclists with respect in future?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Accy started this thread to express his feelings about an inconsiderate motorist. I thought it was what this forum is about, not a classroom lesson about the rights and wrongs of travelling on a road. He also said that a second motorist offered to go after the culprit, which he rightly declined. I see nothing wrong with this thread.
As far as anger management is concerned, this is part of it in fact.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's something else he has asked advice about, and then ignored it all it seems. Boring.

Ah yes i knew you'd turn up with your trolling type posts. Say something constructive for once instead of waiting for someone to start a thread then you can jump down their throat. Maybe you could do us the honour of starting a thread about what's happened to you.

Top Bottom