Undertaken while turning right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I reckon he was another anti cyclist i'll teach them a lesson self-gratification artist. Anyway i got in front of the idiot and held him up for about 30 seconds to wipe out any gain he made in time, when he pulled his stunt.
@Accy cyclist you have my sympathy, it's a bit scary when this happens.
It is true, some drivers don't like cyclists, because they think cyclists are unpredictable, that makes them scary.
Also, of course, drivers don't like to be slowed down, neither do some cyclists though.
Better not to dwell on it.
For the driver it was nothing personal, no lesson there for you to teach him because 2 minutes later sadly he will have forgotten about you.

Only sensible option is to deny licences to people with a predisposition to flout the ruled.
People forget unless forced to remember unless driving is their job or passion.

You could always introduce refresher theory tests.

A lot of people who are driving never had a theory test in the first place.

If you are involved in a certain number of incidents (reports of bad/dangerous driving) you have to take the test again, 3 fails and you lose your licence.

Yeah ban them, what of it? Car, getting on for a couple of tons reaches speeds getting on for 150 kph. Cyclist on bike, getting on for 120 kg and reaches speeds of 50 kph. There is no equivalence in terms of danger.

Think the reason that doesn't happen is the man power it would take to enforce this. I think a steep fine is the best way,.

Not sure if it is legal but if you record someone on their phone whilst driving can that individual be fined or do the police have to see/stop you?

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Accy, you do seem to have far more problems in general than most of us, can you see a common denominator.
Yes, he could just be more assertive than the rest of you. If a motorist pulled the same stunt on me, I'd be having a go at him too.

screenman

Legendary Member
Yes, he could just be more assertive than the rest of you. If a motorist pulled the same stunt on me, I'd be having a go at him too.

Being more assertive in the first place could have stopped the incident before it happened, so maybe the rest of us are more assertive.

markharry66

Über Member
So it wasnt your fault. There are bad drivers and there are good drivers out there. Learn from it move on.
Dont get in the mindset where you are aggressive trouble will follow you.
I have done this in the past lol not a good mindset to be in.

Top Bottom