Undertaken while turning right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Accy started this thread to express his feelings about an inconsiderate motorist. I thought it was what this forum is about, not a classroom lesson about the rights and wrongs of travelling on a road. He also said that a second motorist offered to go after the culprit, which he rightly declined. I see nothing wrong with this thread.
As far as anger management is concerned, this is part of it in fact.

I did not know this forum was about inconsiderate motorists. Unless you do not drive I bet that you have been one on many occasions.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I did not know this forum was about inconsiderate motorists. Unless you do not drive I bet that you have been one on many occasions.
I think you misunderstood my reply. I was referring to Acce expressing his feelings . By the way, I do drive and I do mistakes when driving AND cycling. As we all know, only fools never make mistakes.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Absolutely right. And when you posted that you were having a tough time very many of them chimed in with genuine concern and advice about where to turn to for help. If anyone behaves like a troll around here it is you, as you post and start threads in very bad faith more often than not.

With all due respect as they say, shut up about my previous threads! This thread is about me being undertaken not about any anger issues i have. You obviously don't have anything to say about the undertaking incident but plenty to say about my previous threads.

Serynia

Sunday Morning and having a day off cycling due to an incident yesterday so a little pissed and sore myself today... We all need to vent sometimes doing it here and letting off steam don't see a lot of harm, although not all motorists are out to get us just seems that way sometimes. Yesterday I was cycling along happily when a car pulls in to park at speed a little way in front of me front tyre on the cyclepath... kid jumps out of the car onto the path it was hit the car, the kid or evasion pattern delta (sorry binge watching star trek this morning ) I chose to try and evade and did not notice the tiny kurb around a tree hit it and off I came... not as dramatic as Mr Froomes slide the other day but hurt like hell. The family in the car totally ignored me and a nice old couple helped pick me of the floor I was too shocked by the drivers stupidity and complete lack of concern to say something at the time but riding the rest of the 15 miles home bloody, sore and with a knackered knee I called him every name I could think of even Turrian, Quarian and Klingon... when I ran out of English.
Moral of the story... people need to vent sometimes.

I had some twit the other day over take me and crossed the white line into on come traffic, he swerved back in a tad to quick, even the motorist on the other side slowed down, a few name calling as he then sped off, forgot about now bar the incident.

I average a couple of idiots a day but the worst one the other day was a cyclist.

It's not just motorists.

I was cycling down the cycle lane on a busy road and I slowed down as the traffic was backed up and you usually get pedestrians skipping through cars. a cyclist cycled down the pavement and then skipped onto the road when the traffic started moving..then stopped for no reason causing me to put the brakes on, check it was safe and move into the middle of the road. He got a mouthful and for 10 seconds I fumed.

After 10 seconds it was forgotten.

People will also make mistakes but don't let it get you down or piss you off as there will always be someone worse later on

Last edited by a moderator:

JoshM

Who do you think is still upset about it, you, the driver, or both of you?

Indeed. People are fallible, people are sometimes peanuts, and sometimes things happen. I doubt that driver has given you a second thought since the incident happened. You're not that important. The only one who has had his day affected by what happened is you. And that's your choice. He (by your account) handed you the anger you felt when you posted this topic (hours later by the looks of things) but you took it, you nursed it.

Absolutely let it go, what does getting angry achieve? Did your angry 'revenge' actually teach him a lesson? Again I'd doubt it. He probably muttered something about inconsiderate cyclists then forgot about you as soon as he got passed.

Ah yes i knew you'd turn up with your trolling type posts. Say something constructive for once instead of waiting for someone to start a thread then you can jump down their throat. Maybe you could do us the honour of starting a thread about what's happened to you.

I don't think a lot of people do this as most of us just forget it and move on. Bad drivers will always be on the road and so will bad cyclists. Get used to it or take the bus

outlash

also available in orange
Accy started this thread to express his feelings about an inconsiderate motorist. I thought it was what this forum is about,

Er, no. For many, a forum is for sharing information and chatting to like minded people. Sometimes that turns into debate, sometimes heated but it certainly isn't a platform for someone's half-assed, one sided rant about a situation where anyone else involved doesn't have the opportunity to reply. How do we know the OP is telling the whole story? It's only being told from their perspective (and let's be fair, it doesn't sound like the OP was an angel even from his own viewpoint). You want to treat the web as a soapbox for your own BS? There's facebook for that.

With all due respect as they say, shut up about my previous threads! This thread is about me being undertaken not about any anger issues i have. You obviously don't have anything to say about the undertaking incident but plenty to say about my previous threads.

Did you have a camera on? If not I would maybe get one and then report the drivers and then you can feel relived that its then in the hands of the authorities.
You might not retain some of the anger hours or days after the incident.

Accy started this thread to express his feelings about an inconsiderate motorist. I thought it was what this forum is about, not a classroom lesson about the rights and wrongs of travelling on a road. He also said that a second motorist offered to go after the culprit, which he rightly declined. I see nothing wrong with this thread.
As far as anger management is concerned, this is part of it in fact.

The thing with internet forums is that you should expect posts that may or may not agree with yours. I remember posting a rant about a grievance I had with a cycle mechanic that refused to do a minor job on my bike simply because my chain and sprockets was dirty. I was kind of surprised that the responses mostly said I should have kept my bike clean before taking it to a mechanic. It is my belief that a cycle mechanic that doesnt want to deal with oil and dirt is a bit like a doctor that has a phobia of blood. I guess my viewpoint of life is different from the people who responded in that thread. (was on another forum).

That driver sounds like a total tossa tho. There should be some sort of test of judgement and common sense before being allowed to operate any kind of heavy machinery. This test would be seperate from the current driving tests that show you know how to physically drive the car.

Top Bottom