Unexplained stuff going missing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
My wife has spent thirteen years hiding my stuff from me, I don't know why she does it or why she doesn't stop.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I never find anything when I start looking for it specifically, so instead I tidy and often in the process of not looking for it it appears....

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I only live in our house four - six days a month, and have done so for the last year. The other four adults who live here constantly move stuff around. That said most of our house is packed up in boxes, many of which are at locknstor. A temporary kitchen occupies the dining room and the old kitchen is being gutted. Half my work clothes and work things are in a small apartment in Copenhagen. Other bits'n'pieces are in an office locker in Stockholm. Others are in my bag and suitcase, I hope.

And you are complaining you can't find stuff? Sheesh.

gbb

Legendary Member
Circa 1979 I had an accident on the way home that meant an ambulance to hospital and a probably life saving emergency operation, two weeks in hospital and two months off work. While recuperating it occured to us I'd lost my wedding ring. We checked the hospital, nothing. We even thought perhaps it'd be stolen at the hospital, lost more likely TBF.

At the time I was an engineering storeman, the stores had thousands of parts bins, some used veey regularly, some almost..or never.

About 6 to 9 months later its stockcheck time...I reached up and grabbed a bin of parts, spread them out to count...and there is my ring.

Wierd...they were parts that never moved, I dont even remember ever looking at them in the past.
You can only assume I'd probably done a stock check just before the accident, ring fell of and I didnt realise it at the time.

We've had socks mysteriously disappearing over the last week.
We have had a dog for a week.
These things may be related
No problem, those socks are still around. They're outside on the lawn encased in little brown sausages.

Top Bottom