Unshopping: you went to buy an item and returned with something quite different.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
No, she was from a much more exotic place............Folkestone :laugh:
where my uncle lives and almost next door to romney marsh where my dad grew up
Cheers Ed

One New Years Eve I went out determined to buy an xbox. Met my mate in town and decided to have a few drinks on the way to buy said xbox. My wife tells me that we rolled in later that evening with a brand new shiny smoothie maker and no xbox! I have little recollection of any of this after the first pub...I never did get the xbox :sad:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Three is enough for me :smile:

I suspect you are old enough to remember the quadathlon that started in Brighton - 1984 or 1985, I think. There was a swim in the sea, followed by a walk up to Brands Hatch, 112 mile bike ride round the race track followed by a marathon. I had a mate, Graham, that did it a couple of times - did you ever do it?
I don't remember that Rocky but you're right that I'm old enough to - thanks:thumbsup:
I was still a hairy-arsed footballer and clumsy cricketer in those days though - running and biking were a few years later.
Brighton to Brands Hatch must be 60 odd miles. Kudos to Graham.

young Ed

Veteran
Am I the only one who if I go in for xyz actually comes out with only xyz and not the entire alphabet as well plus or minus xyz? :laugh:
no, i'm tight and hardly ever go shopping so i will go online and find the price of said item in said shop and will find exact money and go out with that and will buy item and get home ASAP as i hate towns/cities etc!:laugh:
Cheers Ed

You're one very unusual female if you can do that.
tis quite amazing the affect my family have had on me. :banghead: my mother is spend spend spend...:wacko: me I prefer to save save save.:angel: I hate, loath and detest shopping, my OH despairs each and every time he HAS to take me shopping because he knows exactly how bad it will be... he usually just :surrender: and doesn't take me...
I am even quite good at only having 3 bikes each in this household!

Sillyoldman

Veteran
Went out for a buggy for our firstborn and came back with an SVHS recorder (it was the early nineties). Mrs Silly was not pleased needless to say.

Top Bottom