Unshopping: you went to buy an item and returned with something quite different.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
In your panniers?
Pianniers?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I caught a bus to Padiham In 1999 to watch the Prutour peloton tackle the Nick o' Pendle climb from Sabden. The bus was late getting to Padiham so I ran over Padiham Heights and down into Sabden, only to see the TV helicopter hovering over the top of the climb in the distance and the last few riders cresting the summit. I was very peed off and I decided to jog back to the bike shop in Padiham and do some retail therapy.

So, I went out to buy rail and bus tickets and came back having ordered a £2,000 Bianchi! :laugh:

Ganymede

Veteran
Come to think of it, I went out to wait for a lift while on tour, arrived way too early and bought a red lace ballgown. All the more remarkable since I was dressed like tramp at the time, and I mean tramp as in 'Gentleman of the Road' rather than Marilyn Monroe in 'River of No Return'. The nice ladies in the posh frock shop didn't turn a hair.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Come to think of it, I went out to wait for a lift while on tour, arrived way too early and bought a red lace ballgown. All the more remarkable since I was dressed like tramp at the time, and I mean tramp as in 'Gentleman of the Road' rather than Marilyn Monroe in 'River of No Return'. The nice ladies in the posh frock shop didn't turn a hair.
I wear lycra on tour but vive lá difference!

Ganymede

Veteran
I wear lycra on tour but vive lá difference!
Not a biking tour! I was on my way to Kirkcaldy from London to perform at the arts centre. It was the second week in February and terribly cold - I had a 3rd-hand, decades-old sheepskin coat on, in fear of the frozen north. Gosh I looked lovely.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Not a biking tour! I was on my way to Kirkcaldy from London to perform at the arts centre. It was the second week in February and terribly cold - I had a 3rd-hand, decades-old sheepskin coat on, in fear of the frozen north. Gosh I looked lovely.
Oh! :thumbsup: :whistle:

Top Bottom