Update on my hit and run.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
If you tried to shoot someone you'd never get a gun licence. If you deliberately try to hit someone with a vehicle you should never be allowed a driving licence.

chewa

plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens
Sounds terrible. I'm glad he got caught. I was involved in a hit and run about 6 years ago, but was knocked senseless so couldn't help in tracing the driver or car.

If you don't mind a bit of advice (from my experience). It's a horrible thing to go through but guys like this are a tiny tiny minority, so try not to let it pray on your mind and affect your enjoyment of cycling.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Great result- what a piece of s%#t he must be. Lets hope he gets a thoroughly 'warm' welcome from fellow prisoners.

As others have said, it really is quite unbelievable this scumbag will ever be allowed behind the wheel again. There is something seriously wrong about a country which places the right to drive, above the safety of society as a whole.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
good news, nice to have a bit of closure, i'd love to see the s**tbag that did for me and scarpered get his comeuppance, did you go to see him sentenced & were you up for giving evidence if he hadn't pleaded.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Agree with others, I realise its a good sentence, but I can't see any good reason that he should be allowed to drive again. As to working on his anger issues, well yes, though I'm led to believe that he has a string of violent offences, and I'm glad to see him being punished for his crime against me.
Some interesting stuff said by the defence in mitigation (he claimed I provoked him by riding outside the contraflow lane that was covered in parked cars, though there wasnt actually a contraflow in the section where he drove at me) that has been documented by the chair of our local cycle campaign group to take forward to the council transport planning group.
As he didn't admit responsibility until the guilty plea a few weeks ago, I still haven't received any money from his insurance and my brompton is still awaiting repair, they have agreed to pay out now, just waiting for cheque to arrive. My solicitor has now started to organise personal injury claim. Most injuries recovered, though I do have some permenant scars and I don't think my knee injury still gives me a fair bit of jip.
I can't say it hasn't had a bit of a negative impact on us, not least on my lovely OH who answered the phone to me screaming "he's trying to kill me" but then couldn't find me when he came to look for me. But I'm sure we'll get over all that in time.

Twinks

Über Member
Glad you got a result and hope you are ok about it as well as recovered from the attack but why was it not attempted murder..........he had threatened it!

Top Bottom