Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
Its quite ominous that you get no activity lights at all. It's sounding like it could be faulty.

Do you have a spare usb cable to test it with? Or a different PC to try the CD in?

Lone Rider

I've just tried with a different USB cable and no luck. The PC can read the CD but can't open the files, neither the word help documents, nor the driver for the web-cam.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Sounds like a broken camera tbh. They're pretty simple to use and work.

When it's plugged in have you turned it on? It needs to be on to access the files.

NeoHackman

Hey guys!

Have my Veho Muvi for some weeks now, I'm pretty happy with it and bought the waterproof case too!:biggrin:

I've a question for you regarding clip FPS:

I've recorded using the MICRO SD that comes with Veho Muvi (luckily it's seems not faulty) but when I transfer the video to PC and "analyze" the video it says that it's recorded at 19.9 FPS...

Recorded with a 1 GB Sandisk (don't know what class belongs to...but for sure it's not a class 6) from my cellphone and at the same way the video is 19.9FPS....

The Veho should record at 25-30fps, right??It's a problem of my SDs? Could this problem be fixed buying a class 6 SD?

Thanks in advance for any reply! xx(

Bman

Guru
I have a feeling the original MUVI VEHO only records at 20fps. I *think* its the clones that can record 20-30fps (correct me if im wrong).

I have the original VEHO camera. So far it has always recorded at ~20fps. I have tried it with the card that came with the camera, and (what I believe to be) a class 4, 4gb card. I swapped my 2gb card with a colleague who didnt "need" the extra 2gb on his new phone :eek:

So, I'm led to believe that its the md80's that can record 20-30fps depending on the card. The MUVI seems to only encode at 20fps

Can MD80 owners confirm this?

edit : Oh, and welcome to the forum! ;)

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Explorer says 20fps with my veho muvi, when i go to the properties....is there another way of checking?

NeoHackman

Bongman said:
I have a feeling the original MUVI VEHO only records at 20fps. I *think* its the clones that can record 20-30fps (correct me if im wrong).

I have the original VEHO camera. So far it has always recorded at ~20fps. I have tried it with the card that came with the camera, and (what I believe to be) a class 4, 4gb card. I swapped my 2gb card with a colleague who didnt "need" the extra 2gb on his new phone :biggrin:

So, I'm led to believe that its the md80's that can record 20-30fps depending on the card. The MUVI seems to only encode at 20fps

Can MD80 owners confirm this?

edit : Oh, and welcome to the forum! :laugh:

Thank you for the answer and for the welcome! :eek:

Tech specs on Veho Official website (http://www.veho-uk.com/Techdetail.aspx?id=87) says it can record up to 25-30fps.

640x480 at up to 25-30fps (Depending on speed of Micro SD card)
So I would like to know if our 20FPS is depending on our SD "low" speed or if the tech specs on official website are a little overrated :ohmy:

Any class 6 MICRO SD card owner here?

Thank you!!

Greets! ;)

Edit:
Explorer says 20fps with my veho muvi, when i go to the properties....is there another way of checking?
In my case Explorer detect correct FPS...anyway another way is, if you use VLC (VideoLan Player), when playing your clip go to TOOLS--> Media Info (CTRL+I). :biggrin:

Bman

Guru
I use VirtualDub.

Open the file, then:
Video > Frame Rate

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Frame rate on my AEE MD80 is about 20 FPS or slightly higher with a class 6 card. My unit is the metal one, identical to the Muvi.

Bman

Guru
It's a Video Editing tool. You need to download it, then open a video file like you would with other applications like Word or Media Player.

Oh, and its free.

Lone Rider

Lone Rider said:
Got mine today, put in the micro SD card, touched a few buttons ... and nothing happened.

Plugged it into the mains ... no lights ... nothing.

Got out the mini-cd from the box, PC can't read the files!

Any suggestions?

Surprise, surprise, everything seems to be working now!

Thanks for the tips.

jann71

Veteran
Anyone tried the new handlebar mount?

00115_003.jpg

http://www.veho-lifestyleshop.com/lifestyleshop/shop_detail.aspx?article=115

Top Bottom