Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darthpaul

Did think about the handlebars but figure the vibration would be terrible on there. Maybe I will see if I can get it on my helmet.

g00se

Veteran
This is how I mounted the cheapie MD80 on my helmet.

Go to Halfords (?!) and buy a Bikehut cycle helmet headlight mounting (£5).
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_708511_langId_-1_categoryId_165636

Next, take the hinged mount from the MD80 pack, unscrew the hinge arm, fixing the camera clip to it as normal (I managed to damage the clip by over-tightening so ended up glueing it to the hinge arm with Araldite as the bolt would no longer hold it in place).

Now, place the back of the hinge arm against the face of the light mounting and you can thread a thin cable tie through the hinge hole itself, around the lip of the mounting face and under the red headlight release catch. I also added a second cable tie for security as I had to glue the plate on - this was around the bottom of the hinge plate (between it an the camera clip) and the red catch. This will hold the whole caboodle in place (I also put a strap of double-sided velcro between the hinge plate and the mounting face so I could also wrap this around the camera as a secondary support.

You can then use the headlight mounting's universal joint to position the camera.

Don't forget to use the lanyard strap that comes with the camera and thread it through the vents on the helmet as a back up to stop the camera falling if the whole thing fails.

View attachment 6066

View attachment 6067

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I'll show how i mounted my Muvi on to my frame and stop vibrations.
Although mine is mounted on the rear so not sure if it compares to handlebars.

darthpaul

Like the helmet mount idea! Tried a different bit of my rucksack but ended filming across my body at an angle and aimed down at the road so no good!

Gaz looking forward to seeing your handlebar mount!

darthpaul

Also noticed on my MD80 that the lens isnt in the middle of the hole, is pointing off to the right hand side. Has anyone else had this and if so can it be adjusted easily?

g00se

Veteran
My lens is fine. The thing is easy to take apart though with some watchmaker's screwdrivers (I managed to put the memory card in and miss the internal socket, so the card got stuck between the outside of the socket and the plastic housing.

I can't remember how the lens is fitted but it's probably just soldered straight onto the circuit board - and yours got bent when the plastic case was closed around it. Assuming you had it imported from abroad and didn't buy it locally, I would think it'd be easy to open it up and bend it back - be gently with it though...

darthpaul

Thanks for the advice g00se I have taken it apart and adjusted, looks much straighter now an still works after reassembly ;)

Here is half my commute this morning on my YouTube channel camera is clipped on my rucksack shoulder strap on a cable tie, not perfect but until I get a helmet mount or better system thats where it will be.

darthpaul

I just used Windows Live Movie Maker thinking that would be ok... can you recommend something else better?

Think YouTube has finished processing it now, looks a bit sharper.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
No - that's what most people use. I wonder why your clip looks so pixalated. I presume it looked a lot better than that when you looked at the .avi file straight off the camera.

darthpaul

Yeah looks much less pixely now, think YouTube were slow processing it as it seems fine now :smile:

Sent you a hello on fish site to btw ;)

Garz

Squat Member
Really pissed off with mine. I have had it a while now and recorded a few test clips.. now im trying to work it for a long ride tomorrow and it wont turn on with LED being orange all time.

Top Bottom