Vuelta 2014, **el sp-olé-rs**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobNewcastle

Solid effort by Froome to put time into Valverde, Contador didn't really need to do much today, just follow. I think 1st and 2nd are sorted but it'll still be a good showdown on Saturday in the final mountain stage, Contador and Froome will have another face off.

Contador will obviously end the season on a massive high if he wins here but Froome can come out of this with confidence. He's ridden into some form and had a go and that sets him up for next year nicely. Contador knows it'll take a massive effort to overhaul a 100% Froome in the tour next year which is the one they both want.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I note that Guardini has overtaken the under-performing lump, Betancur, in the lantern rouge race. That took some seriously dedicated slacking at the back.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
I note that Guardini has overtaken the under-performing lump, Betancur, in the lantern rouge race. That took some seriously dedicated slacking at the back.
Interestingly though.

This graphic is a break down of the fastest I'm that section of the tt. So fatty betancur went downhill fast....

image.jpg

Also supports froomes going out too fast theory.

NorvernRob

Solid effort by Froome to put time into Valverde, Contador didn't really need to do much today, just follow. I think 1st and 2nd are sorted but it'll still be a good showdown on Saturday in the final mountain stage, Contador and Froome will have another face off.

Contador will obviously end the season on a massive high if he wins here but Froome can come out of this with confidence. He's ridden into some form and had a go and that sets him up for next year nicely. Contador knows it'll take a massive effort to overhaul a 100% Froome in the tour next year which is the one they both want.

I think a fully fit Froome has Contadors number in the TT, long mountain stages and mentally too. I just hope everyone is fit and we see a massive battle between them all at next years tour.

Ladep Rewop

realisticallly what can froome take in the short tt?

Can he take 30-45 secs on saturday

If you look at the results of the 2012 tdf prologue, a 6.7 km stage so roughly 2/3rds distance.

Froome completed in 7.29 secs for 11th place and Varverde finished a further 19 secs behind, but you have to go down to the rider who finished in 175th place to find the first recorded time more than 30 sec behind Froome.

Make of that what you will.

RobNewcastle

I think a fully fit Froome has Contadors number in the TT, long mountain stages and mentally too. I just hope everyone is fit and we see a massive battle between them all at next years tour.

Yeah there's that recent quote from Contador saying how tough Froome is. I'm not sure Froome edges him toughness wise, they're both pretty solid in that front. They're probably about even in the tour mountains (hard to say) when both bang on but Froome definitely has him in the tour style TT stages.

400bhp

Guru
It looked like aru waited for froome. then off they both went.

Collaboration? Perhaps they both despise valverdi:whistle:

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Will froome attack up the final climb tomorrow as he knows valverde and contador are both better descenders? Or alternately to test whether contador still has his descending cahones after his crash at the tour?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Nah, Aru just wanted the stage win and knew he had a better chance if he worked with Froome - I doubt he'd have beaten Valverde or Rodriguez in a sprint.
I believe implicitly everything you say since you got that new job Smutch!:smile:
(Apart from Orval being that good, of course!)

Top Bottom