Washing up Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
There may be something in the perfume to which you're allergic.
That seemed to be the concensus of opinion from Doctors and the dermatologist I have seen over the past 8 years or so since this started. I have to stick with low perfume soap like Simple, Pears, or Wrights Coal Tar. No poncey after shaves or eau de colognes either. Nivea products are about as good as it gets for after shave.

no they are for washing up in only

Just like Mo1959, When I noticed that the back of my hands looking like the hands of someone 30 years older, I also began wearing rubber gloves for washing up. (Wish I`d done years ago before the damage).

I started with Marigolds, but then tried the ones that Aldi sell. They are at least equal in quality if not better, and a lot cheaper too. They also come in 3 sizes-small. med and large. Highly recommended.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
That seemed to be the concensus of opinion from Doctors and the dermatologist I have seen over the past 8 years or so since this started. I have to stick with low perfume soap like Simple, Pears, or Wrights Coal Tar. No poncey after shaves or eau de colognes either. Nivea products are about as good as it gets for after shave.

What is this shave of which you speak?

Globalti

Legendary Member
It wouldn't be too hard to work out which raw material is bothering you; those in dishwash are unlikely to be used in the more expensive colgnes at the same high dosage so a quick check on the ingredients panels ought to show up something in common like d'Limonene.

I`d say that washing the natural oils from the skin over 30 odd years has been my main problem. At work using swarfega at snap time and at going home time. Great for removing grease but harsh on skin.

Also, I used to work on my own car/tinker in the garage/welding etc up until recently, so in the house it was usually loads of fairy liquid. I`m not convinced about that 60s advert "hands that do dishes are as soft as" whatever it said. My hands are soft, but the backs of them look like dried prunes. I should have wore gloves.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Always surprised at why people buy gloves. Seems a complete waste.
One can use much hotter water - saves on the drying up.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just like Mo1959, When I noticed that the back of my hands looking like the hands of someone 30 years older, I also began wearing rubber gloves for washing up. (Wish I`d done years ago before the damage).

I started with Marigolds, but then tried the ones that Aldi sell. They are at least equal in quality if not better, and a lot cheaper too. They also come in 3 sizes-small. med and large. Highly recommended.
we use either Wilkinsons own branded one or the aldi ones at the mo

will have to try some marigolds but comments here dont suggest they will be any better

Mr Summerdays gets dry chapped hands very easily in winter so not getting them soggy helps.

and for others suffering with dry, cracked skin on hands. I've used this in occasions when necessary and it works wonders:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnkbWJ815hsETb8y96l6ptNEiqoFLuV1CfPqYdApDz7H-6Rxrc.jpg

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Aqueous-Cream-B-P-500ml_1132127/

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[QUOTE 4043052, member: 259"]And such are the skewed economics of industry that unperfumed products have to cost more than perfumed ones. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Just like baked beans -manufacturers charge twice as much to put less sugar and salt in them!

Top Bottom