We really are fighting a losing battle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why do we still have people posting things such as this:

"On the subject of road safety, I see now that the weather is improving we are once again subject to 1000’s of fat middle aged Bradley Wiggin’s wannabees in their silly plastic suits causing wholesale congestion on our roads. They are an absolute shower and should be made to have a form of ID on their little bikes so that they can be identified and prosecuted as required."

On local political blogs such as this: http://onlinefocus.org/?p=19334#comment-235218

Attitudes like this seem to be increasing and I worry it translates into how we get treated on the road.

I should just let it go but this type of thing really winds me up so I had to reply (all replies are moderated in advance and mine is awaiting moderation)

Just wanted to vent a bit sorry

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It's an opinion, don't worry about it. Whatever interest or hobby you have someone will want it banned or restricted. You only have to look at some of the posts on this or any forum to see that

mythste

Veteran
I remember thinking the other day to myself "Oh Lord! All these cycling accidents I'm hearing about these days! What on earth is going on?!"

I then realised that in the last year all I've done is subscribe to cycling related twitter accounts and browse cycling forums! It always seems worse than it is when you're immersed in it.

Concentrate on being a good cyclist and enjoying the ride :smile:

Lee gg

As a cyclist (plastic suit wearer) and a driver I get too see/ hear both sides of this all the time. When I'm driving an see a cyclist in front especially going up a hill I want to slow down and watch them (hopefully struggle ) I get annoyed if they just fly up it its not fair.
Their is no need for idiot drivers but like aliens they are out there, my advice wear a camera.

outlash

also available in orange
People moaning about too many (new) cyclists. :rolleyes:

Not wishing to put words in anyone's mouth, but these aren't new riders IME. It's people who dust the bike down, pump the tyres up and turn up in their lycra finest expecting to be dragged round in the middle of a group so they can tell everyone they rode 50 miles on Sunday. I don't have a problem with that as such, but I'm not going to get my Sunday morning ruined by it so I avoid the whole mess. This summer I'm trying to organise some off road group rides so I can stay involved without risking my own life trying to keep everyone in a group in check.

Top Bottom