weighing your bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Phoebus

I know my Brommie is really, really heavy because the other week while I was seated next to my folded bike waiting for someone, a pensioner came along and was fascinated by the bike.
He enquired: 'does it weigh much?'
I said : 'Go ahead, pick it up.'
He then uttered: 'f**k me, it weighs a ton!'

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Chuffy said:
I wouldn't do that. I find that being told 'GET OFF YOU FAT BASTARD' in a Davros voice is just too depressing. :biggrin:

I was just soooo waiting for someone to make a joke about speaking weigh machines.

bonj2

longers said:
Your second method is very easy to do.

Very handy for weighing dogs too.

Never weighed any of my bikes though, all I know is that one is lighter than the others. That'll do for me.

Why would you want to weigh your dog? don't tell me you've got a carbon-fibre lead to save a few grams?

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

hmm, that's true... If I knew a neighbour or someone was weighing their dog then I'd call social services.

Abitrary said:
hmm, that's true... If I knew a neighbour or someone was weighing their dog then I'd call social services.
But what if it's a fat dog and you need to make it lose weight?
I mean, you don't want to go too far the wrong way and end up with a size zero dog now?

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Pick on someone else for a bit, eh, chuffy? I see you as an aggravating little ant that I could squash if need be.

Look! Bonj has started mucking around again. Pick on him.

Abitrary said:
Pick on someone else for a bit, eh, chuffy? I see you as an aggravating little ant that I could squash if need be.

Look! Bonj has started mucking around again. Pick on him.
No, I'm merely pointing out a flaw in your dog-weighing hypothesis.

Bonj is too easy. You're more fun...:biggrin:

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Chuffy said:
Bonj is too easy. You're more fun...:biggrin:

Bonj always has gone for the bait a bit too easily, and ended up sounding like some angry danny de vito character.

I wouldn't say I'm more fun though, far from it.

How come I never see you picking on flying monkey, BTW? He's easily wound up and good value. Like a cheap slot machine.

bonj2

Chuffy said:
But what if it's a fat dog and you need to make it lose weight?
I mean, you don't want to go too far the wrong way and end up with a size zero dog now?

yeah but you only need worry about how fat it is if it walks wrong and it's only likely to be that fat if it doesn't do any exercise.

Abitrary said:
Bonj always has gone for the bait a bit too easily, and ended up sounding like some angry danny de vito character.

I wouldn't say I'm more fun though, far from it.

How come I never see you picking on flying monkey, BTW? He's easily wound up and good value. Like a cheap slot machine.
I've put money in FM and yanked his handle before. But the frothing Righties seem to enjoy that sport more than I do. Keeps them off the streets at least.

Anyway, I'm playing nicely with you. I just see you as being the weird kid who no-one understands. And dammit, you will NOT be the freaky outsider, not on my watch. :biggrin:

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Chuffy said:
Anyway, I'm playing nicely with you. I just see you as being the weird kid who no-one understands. And dammit, you will NOT be the freaky outsider, not on my watch. :biggrin:

For all your funny words, I still see you like little miss muppet, sitting on her tuffet. Waiting for a big ugly spider to come down and sit beside her, and make her cry, just like the big girl she is.

Top Bottom