Welcome to London you ****ing Northerner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
There's pathetic weak beer, there's sensible drinking beer, and there's loony juice . Your example sounds like it's in the 3rd category.

That say 8% "Trapiste" is rather good but needs treating with a lot of respect
No it's in the sensible if treated with respect category. Funny enough it was a Belgian trippel ( sic) . And it did complement the scallops amazingly well.

2 glasses of it is about right.

Fullers 1845 at 6.3 is nutty stuff as is Adnams broadside at 6.6 as they just go down too easy and the ESB at 5.8% is about perfect.

That said the tribute at 4.2%is a good beer in the 2nd category.

Sam smiths( tadcaster- grim north) bavarian at 2.9% is not worth the wait.

Tim Hall

Rulez about which side of a moving stair to stand on? Feck me. I'd be standing in wonderment at the bottom of the escalator.
A few years back, when Ireland was promoting the "Celtic Tiger" thing, portraying themselves a modern, go ahead society, which was contrasted with their image as the land of the bogs and the little people. This was encapsulated by a sign at the foot of an escalator: "People not familiar with escalators may wish to use the lift at the far end of the terminal"

Venod

Eh up
Being a Northern bloke who like's his beer I have to say Fullers ESB is an excellent pint, but with the explosion of small brewing operations most of the beer I drink is brewed north of Sheffield, one exception being the best pint of Tetleys I have had for years (was brewed in Leeds now Wolverhampton) in the Victoria in Leeds.

http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/restaurants/yorkshireandthehumber/thevictoriahotelgreatgeorgestreet

One of the best pints of Sam Smiths I have ever tasted was a pint of Museum Bitter in a pub somewhere around Shaftsbury Avenue, I don't think museum bitter is brewed anymore.

Well that was a first.....

I go to London fairly often for business. Today I went through a subway at Old Street with a colleague and when I got to the top of the steps at the far side we stopped to check our directions on my phone

A middle aged guy must have been behind us and our conversation went something like this

Him: That's how accidents are caused

Me: What?

Him: Stopping there, that's how accidents are caused

Me: (getting a bit fed up) Well I'm glad to see that you weren't injured

Him: This isn't the farking North you know, this is farking Laaandan

Me; *laugh*

I was most upset....is my accent really so noticeable?
Ignore him. Johnny come lately.

simon.r

Person
It is difficult for us Northeners / Midlanders when we visit.

Tomorrow I've got to get from St Pancras to Liverpool Street. There's a choice of 3 tube lines! Talk about confusing. I bet if I pick the wrong one it'll make my journey about 30 seconds longer.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
..........I go to London fairly often for business.......
What is 'L o n - d o n' ?
Screenshot_2016-10-28-21-46-13.png

Top Bottom