Welcome to London you ****ing Northerner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
A bit off topic but round here they make them wear a mock pizza box and dance or tw*t about, one on each exit from a roundabout at rush hour. A fairly degrading way to sell sh*tty pizza

A fair punishment for congregating at the bottom of escalators I feel.

classic33

Leg End Member
A fair punishment for congregating at the bottom of escalators I feel.
Why come to a dead stop at either end, having pushed past?

It's annoying telling, slowly, to move out of the way.

Same with doors, in or out. They've got to get there first. Once there, it's full stop or if you're really lucky about 1 mile per hour.

snorri

Legendary Member
This is awesome. I'm in Laaaarndan next week so I'm going to have a go at this here Cockernee-baiting - who knew it was so easy?
I've got the option of getting off the Tube at Aldgate or Tower Hill - which is likely to be the best spot to bag one?
Sometimes just one 'like' doesn't seem enough ;)

This might not be quite as easy as you think.
First you have to find someone in central London who will speak with a London accent, that could be a bigger challenge than you might imagine:okay:.

^_^

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
A large South London/Kent person once called me lots and lots of uncomplimentary epithets at London Bridge station after two ladies in his vicinity said "hello" to me and my friend, and we had the temerity to respond likewise.

I just laughed, until he called me a "farkin' norvern monkey". That set me off. It's not racial abuse, but it comes from exactly the same deep, fetid, scummy well of ignorance.

He then tried to head butt my friend. Let's just say I then gave him cause to regret his actions.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
He then tried to head butt my friend. Let's just say I then gave him cause to regret his actions.
Did you recite a few Oasis songs to him untill he puked up and ran away crying?

subaqua

What’s the point
Pi$$ed if he gets anywhere near one of our proper pints instead of that gnat's tiddle they serve daahn sarf...
So the st Austell ales7.2% that I am currently drinking while waiting for pan fried scallops and mussels in a white wine sauce is a northern beer then ?

Venod

Eh up
So the st Austell ales7.2% that I am currently drinking while waiting for pan fried scallops and mussels in a white wine sauce is a northern beer then ?

Beer looks good but surely it would go better with Yorkshire Pud filled with mushey peas with a stick of rubharb and suger to follow.

Profpointy

Legendary Member

There's pathetic weak beer, there's sensible drinking beer, and there's loony juice . Your example sounds like it's in the 3rd category.

That say 8% "Trapiste" is rather good but needs treating with a lot of respect

Top Bottom