Welcome to London you ****ing Northerner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm Poppin up't Snake Pass in't mornin.
I recall stating to a local "I'm looking forward to the climb starting" when I did a ride a few years ago. He replied - (Actually I have no idea what he replied, some grunting, maybe a reference to his mother in law..)

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I recall stating to a local "I'm looking forward to the climb starting" when I did a ride a few years ago. He replied - (Actually I have no idea what he replied, some grunting, maybe a reference to his mother in law..)
Most foreigners tend to dissolve into a jibbering wreck when confronted with a couple of typical northern hillocks. I think that a lot of the southern terrain must be decidedly downhill in comparison?

Jody

Stubborn git
It was my fault. I'd never seen a subway before so I had stopped in wonderment

I remeber standing on the "wrong side" of the escalators in the tube. The reaction was almost as if I had murdered someone.

Jody

Stubborn git
If only Northerners learned to read they could understand the very clear signs in in tube stations and on the escalators about which side to stand on. There's even pictograms for those whose first language isn't English...

:whistle:

It was nearly 30 years ago. I don't remeber seeing signs but they may have been there. @User They were probably tollerant as I was under 16 and looking like a proper tourist.

Top Bottom