Welcome to London you ****ing Northerner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Probably stopped to look at a non iPhone and showed your weakness.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Well that was a first.....

I go to London fairly often for business. Today I went through a subway at Old Street with a colleague and when I got to the top of the steps at the far side we stopped to check our directions on my phone

A middle aged guy must have been behind us and our conversation went something like this

Him: That's how accidents are caused

Me: What?

Him: Stopping there, that's how accidents are caused

Me: (getting a bit fed up) Well I'm glad to see that you weren't injured

Him: This isn't the farking North you know, this is farking Laaandan

Me; *laugh*

I was most upset....is my accent really so noticeable?

This is awesome. I'm in Laaaarndan next week so I'm going to have a go at this here Cockernee-baiting - who knew it was so easy?
I've got the option of getting off the Tube at Aldgate or Tower Hill - which is likely to be the best spot to bag one?
:whistle:

He says "That's how accidents happen "
You reply "And this is how fights start"

Sometimes just one 'like' doesn't seem enough ;)

Tin Pot

Guru
I cannot stand people stopping at the top of stairs, at the bottom of escalators or at the entrance to a tube platform.

Death is too for 'em.

Yer in Landan now mate.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Gawden Bennet. Don't just stop at the top of the apples and pears, make your plates of meat take a few extra steps and use yer mince pies before you start using yer bleedin' dog and bone..

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
This is awesome. I'm in Laaaarndan next week so I'm going to have a go at this here Cockernee-baiting - who knew it was so easy?
I've got the option of getting off the Tube at Aldgate or Tower Hill - which is likely to be the best spot to bag one?
:whistle:

Sometimes just one 'like' doesn't seem enough ;)

Your best bet would be Bermondsey on match day outside Millwall's home ground.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I cannot stand people stopping at the top of stairs, at the bottom of escalators or at the entrance to a tube platform.

Death is too for 'em.

Yer in Landan now mate.

Of course, the only thing worse than people stopping at the top of stairs is other people stopping at the top of stairs to argue with them about stopping at the top of stairs.
They have themselves now stopped at the top of stairs, causing the person behind to stop and argue with them about stopping at the top of the stairs.
And so it goes on and before you know it, civilisation has collapsed and the queue reaches back to Cockfosters. And that is never a good thing...

;)

Top Bottom