Welcome to London you ****ing Northerner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I will try to avoid steps, it's for the best
Agreed.

Screenshot_20160726-003359.jpg

SteCenturion

I am your Father
There's even pictograms for those whose first language isn't English...

:whistle:
Like those from East Ham

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
we went up the ArcelorMittal Orbit, must say fantastic view from the top and the family enjoyed the slide down, first time I've been in that part of london, very nice and some interesting food places at the Westfield food court....

I remember when the Westfield Centre/'lympic park/Stratford International was the site of a railway depot. Seriously, that place has changed out of all recognition, I couldn't beleive it the first time I saw it!

The last time I was ever at Stratford TMD must have been in the early '00s* when it had all but closed, and we found a shed full of locos, incuding stored/withdrawn class 58s, which to a Scottish enthusiast were pretty exotic at the time (still are in fact).

The place was deserted, so I was able to examine the '58s 'properly', which made it all the more memorable. I only wish I had taken more pictures.....

* - It says it closed in 1997, clearly as a full depot, but it was still used as a stabling point and/or for the storage of locos for several years after.

Last edited:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Imo its not just the northerners i see that stop in the middle of nowhere but people with the head down staring at their mobile phones and totally oblivious to whats going on in the world around them.

There was a moped gang that went around stealing the phones of people who had theirs out and werent paying any attention at all. In a really small way these thieves were doing these folk a service by taking away their phones when they should of been watching where they were going

Last edited:

subaqua

What’s the point
I remember when the Westfield Centre/'lympic park/Stratford International was the site of a railway depot. Seriously, that place has changed out of all recognition, I couldn't beleive it the first time I saw it!

The last time I was ever at Stratford TMD must have been in the early '00s* when it had all but closed, and we found a shed full of locos, incuding stored/withdrawn class 58s, which to a Scottish enthusiast were pretty exotic at the time (still are in fact).

The place was deserted, so I was able to examine the '58s 'properly', which made it all the more memorable. I only wish I had taken more pictures.....

* - It says it closed in 1997, clearly as a full depot, but it was still used as a stabling point and/or for the storage of locos for several years after.

The international station is on the site of a engine shed where some record was set. Next time I am near I will try and get a pic of the plaque.

dodgy

This thread reminds me of those bumbling hybridists you see collected at pinch points on our glorious National Cycle Notwork, chatting, repairing punctures, looking at the view.

GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Being a Northern bloke who like's his beer I have to say Fullers ESB is an excellent pint, but with the explosion of small brewing operations most of the beer I drink is brewed north of Sheffield, one exception being the best pint of Tetleys I have had for years (was brewed in Leeds now Wolverhampton) in the Victoria in Leeds.

http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/restaurants/yorkshireandthehumber/thevictoriahotelgreatgeorgestreet

One of the best pints of Sam Smiths I have ever tasted was a pint of Museum Bitter in a pub somewhere around Shaftsbury Avenue, I don't think museum bitter is brewed anymore.

Ahhh, Fullers, a fine selection of beers from a great southern brewery.

The best Samuel Smith's I had was the nut brown ale many years ago.

Top Bottom