Well it had to happen !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wait until you try and unclip and the crank comes away from the spindle, you then fall off, and have to try and remove the pedal and crank before you can move anywhere.

what about this for a howler at the bottom of a long hill I unclipped with the wrong foot than I normal do and wondered when I was falling over how it had happened Though its the first time I've ever done it from the time I started using them

Last edited:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Embarrassing falls are not new. I used to ride fixed wheel a lot and I was coming home one day, feet strapped in to my toeclips as usual, when I saw a mate walking past a small parade of shops, so I slowed down for a chat. I was going at walking pace (obviously) and we passed a spot where the kerb was quite high. Unfortunately I strayed a bit too close and my left pedal came down on top of the kerb... tilting me over and dumping me into the road. Luckily for me it was in the days when traffic was a lot lighter and there were no cars coming. If it happened today I would be reduced to a large smear on the tarmac by some articulated lorry, no doubt.

It was a bit embarrassing to be laying in the road with both feet strapped tightly in and having my mate (who was also a cyclist in our club) laughing like a drain. Needless to say, the whole club was entertained by his recalling of the event (and I hadn't completely lived down the 'milk machine incident' from a few weeks previously)

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Oh cmon you know the rules, you cant leave it like that .....what milk machine incident... do tell
Oh I posted it on here somewhere but I can't find it.

Basically I arrived early at the pub (or cafe) where our club had booked Sunday tea... and being a bit thirsty after my ride I decided to get a carton of milk from a vending machine on a garage forecourt opposite. Being a bit lazy, I rode over to the machine and held on to the top of it while I fumbled in my pocket for change. I overbalanced away from the machine and ended up sprawled across the forecourt. I looked up to see a group of club members arriving. Much hilarity ensued (on their part).

Friends can be very cruel sometimes.

Top Bottom