England : Lancashire Whalley - Glasson Dock. A scenic 103 km loop, *DATE CHANGE* SUNDAY 3rd April, 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have an Elephant in the garage.

I will be learning to ride on this. I think an ebike might be a possibility in the future.
Good luck, but that is a VERY heavy bike. 23 kgs is about the weight of Pale Rider's e-bike but that has a big battery and motor to help him along!

I think it would be fine for trips to your local park or shops but you will struggle with the weight of it on anything but the flattest of roads and cyclepaths.

Still, if you enjoy your riding and want to stick at it you could always buy a lighter bike or an e-bike later on.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
As a bike to start riding, and doing short trips on mostly flat roads, I thought the Elephant would be suitable. It is very low geared.

There is an added bonus that the Krizevac Project is behind this, and they send bikes to Malawi and fund children's centres.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Next time you do it I'll try to meet you all at Glasson/Condor Green and ride part of the return leg to Longridge with you. I love the route that crisscrosses the M6 and normally head west at Billsborrow towards Pilling. I've been planning to take it all the way to Longridge before heading towards Chipping, around Beacon Fell and returning to Lancaster via Oakenclough and the foot of Bleasdale... just not sure if I'll be able to keep up on my balloon tyred MTB :smile:

Top Bottom