What are you all doing today, on this beautiful sunny Sunday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TrishE

Über Member
I worked but nice cycling through deserted Newark, no people at 7.15am peaceful even stopped to take a photo of the lights :smile:
IMAG1440_1.jpg

GGJ

Veteran
How many cyclists does it take to fit 10 LEDs in the kitchen?

Just the one, then out to play on the bike

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Went for a 12 mile walk up and down the edge.

D

Deleted member 1258

I got very frustrated looking at a lovely day for cycling whilst not allowed to ride. I took the bus to a local shopping area did some shopping and walked back. Checked the fluids in the car, topped up the screen wash, cleaned the windows and run the engine for half an hour.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Ooo knives, we need pics.

I didn't get to finish any today. The one I'm working on has an Australian She Oak handle and that stuff is very hard! I actually melted a saw blade trying to cut it. I had to take a hacksaw to it in the end and treat it like metal. Apparently, it takes up desert sand as it grows.

Here is one I did finish (third knife I ever made); a little knife for my daughter. It is made from a scrap end of O1 tool steel and has a rather nice polish to the handle. It is another hard wood but I'm not sure what it is exactly.

I have a friend who gives me odd off cuts that would otherwise end up in his wood burner.

The knife is resting on a nice piece of American Maple.

image.jpeg

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'd have loved a bike ride, but instead spent time buying Christmas tree, buying 'stuff' from Costco and this afternoon started turning the garage into a spaceship. On the plus side, day off tomorrow when the weather will be rubbish..

Top Bottom