What are you all doing today, on this beautiful sunny Sunday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Out again
WP_20161204_004.jpg

U

User6179

Top right - willie warmers?

I have one for sale on ebay if you are looking to buy ?
little-thing-willy-warmer(finger).jpg

Slick

Guru
Lurcher alert! :wub:

We had Collie cross when we were kids, awesome hound. Fond memories of climbing trees for birds eggs to crack open in the palm on my hand for him and taking him fishing with us, where we would let him go to do his own thing. He would more often than not come back with a live rabbit and drop it at my brothers feet, proper dog :becool:.

A brother has a Bedlington terrier cross at the mo.
We had loads of collie cross, loved these dogs. My sister still carries on the tradition a bit, but it's greyhounds now, which are nice but nowhere near the work ethic of the collie cross. Only knew 1 Bedlington, couldn't really take to it, too used to the smaller smooth coated bitch.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
We had loads of collie cross, loved these dogs. My sister still carries on the tradition a bit, but it's greyhounds now, which are nice but nowhere near the work ethic of the collie cross. Only knew 1 Bedlington, couldn't really take to it, too used to the smaller smooth coated bitch.

Brother had a Merle collie cross some years ago, very clever dog. My brother used to take a kill off him and chuck it in undergrowth/ditch and we`d walk on for another 5 or 10 minutes until my brother gave him the command to go get it.

Had some good lamping trips with that dog.

Slick

Guru
Brother had a Merle collie cross some years ago, very clever dog. My brother used to take a kill off him and chuck it in undergrowth/ditch and we`d walk on for another 5 or 10 minutes until my brother gave him the command to go get it.

Had some good lamping trips with that dog.
Have you seen what they are calling lurchers now? I had a couple of painters in and they were boasting about what their dog could and couldn't do. They eventually showed me a picture and I got the shock of my life. Lurcher head alright, but the body like that kangaroo in the other thread. Both their faces went ashen when I told them my brother was a wildlife officer with the police. :laugh:

Slick

Guru
[QUOTE 4584235, member: 9609"]a cruel practice that is thankfully illegal now[/QUOTE]
Cruel my erse. I never enjoyed that or netting but I was taught how to do it by men who had little option. When faced by an empty larder, I'll take the lamp every time.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've been working all day.
It's been a freezing day, slightly foggy, no sun at all.

Slick

Guru
[QUOTE 4584638, member: 9609"]That old chestnut - the empty larder or I eat all I kill bolloxs, - folk engage in such activity purely for the kick they get out of seeing one animal kill another.[/QUOTE]
No they don't.

Top Bottom