What do we think of David Millar as a commentator?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
...and: "Here, take one of these, they helped me a few times when I was tired!"

^^ This.

I tune out when he has been popping up of late. Can't they find someone who did it without 'help'.

DanZac

I'm all for him, think ITV missed a trick by using Jens for the TDF, Millar comes over far better and seems better tuned in to whats actually happening in the race. I can almost forgive his naughty years in light of the timeframe and his subsequent ban.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I forgot to mention how good I thought he was in those litte race summaries he did after each of the two rest days on TDF. Don't know if he wrote them but the delivery was excellent; passionate, sharp and dramatic.

Reactions: TVC
OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yebbut they ALL did it. Looking for one who didn't would be like looking for a virgin in a brothel.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I read his autobiography and began to change my mind about him. Took extra note of the work he did against doping in the second part of his career and what others began to say about him, and now see him in a different light. He doesn't ask for it to be forgotten and I respect that. Everyone makes mistakes: it's what you do after that counts.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I read his autobiography and began to change my mind about him. Took extra note of the work he did against doping in the second part of his career and what others began to say about him, and now see him in a different light. He doesn't ask for it to be forgotten and I respect that. Everyone makes mistakes: it's what you do after that counts.
Wot she said.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I forgot to mention how good I thought he was in those litte race summaries he did after each of the two rest days on TDF. Don't know if he wrote them but the delivery was excellent; passionate, sharp and dramatic.
Funny, those were the only bits I didn't like: the delivery sounded flat and monotonic to me.

Echo coffeejo's remark about his autobiography: well worth reading

Top Bottom