What do you drive??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

iGaz said:
2003 Volkswagen T4 Transporter, 2.5ltr 5cylinder TDi.

Goes like hell for a van, fully lined and carpeted and complete with a full width rock and roll bed.

blimey that must shift :?: how about doing a bank job?;)

My box on wheels is an old Renault Megane. I think they were made to keep local garages in business as they are jam packed with flimsy bits costing 1p or less.

thomas

the tank engine
Piemaster said:
Alfa 156.
I looked at several other cars, considered economy, practicality, comfort, value, running costs.
Then bought the Alfa anyway

:?::biggrin: Nice reasoning ;)

I'm not insured on the car any more, but I did drive a Ford Fiesta LX 1.3 - '95...nothing fancy, but I got to keep my arms and legs when it came to the cost of insurance.

ajb

'05 Citroen Xsara Picaso 2l HDI.

Bought it because you can drop the front wheel off the bike and it stands up in the back, ideal for taking the bike to races.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
When I have to P Reg Fiat Cinquecento S - the original fsh one lady owner genuine 19k bargain, bagged on eBay last year. cost less than my bike and the bike didn't cost that much.

snapper_37 said:
A 9 year old Clio that still only has 25000 on her clock. Bless her.
Good Mileage...! (My wife's has 70k on her 8 yr-old Clio....nice cars...)

Chinese 50cc scooter:blush:.....95mpg:biggrin:.....£15/yr tax:biggrin:....£68/yr insurance:biggrin:

Still, more expensive than the bike tho:ohmy:

A 9 year old Mercedes Benz E320 petrol estate, because it has seven seats, is very comfortable, can tow a heavy caravan, is really roomy, goes like stink, can retrurn 33mpg on a run, and is well-engineered. Every time I get into it, it makes me feel special - unlike my old Hyundai Trajet.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
For those amongst us that dont have cars (and are old enough to drive) like Longers and ColinJ.......

I am curious what your situations are; are you single? do you live in major cities? what jobs do you do? do you rely on bike and public transport etc

Promise I am not intending on stalking you ;);), I just want to understand how you can get by without using a tin box at least a few times a week/month.

Top Bottom