What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've just started watching Wentworth as a female friend recommended it. I used to love Cell Block H when I was in my late teens, I tried watching it again but it seemed a bit dated.

Dated is part of it's charm... but i do like nostalgic telly. I'm currently watching the original... Doreen's just been released again and is working as a nurse's assistant in the children's ward... i can't wait to find out how she ends up back inside this time.

Back to Wentworth... you've got Joan Ferguson to look forward to in series 2 :okay:

sarahale

Über Member
Iron man 2 last night. Emporers new groove tonight.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
"The Kingsman"

What a load of S*T - a modern day 'Joe 90', (who remembers that)

Colin Firth - why stoop so low - you didn't have to.
Watched that t'other night at the insistence of my eldest - I thought it was a terrific romp. The only false note was Samuel Jackson's speech impediment. Couldn't see any point in that at all. But other than that, I thought it brought the whole James Bond franchise into the 21st century with real wit and energy.

I used to love Cell Block H when I was in my late teens, I tried watching it again but it seemed a bit dated.

Crikey, I remember that, & how the Cell walls shook when a door was closed:rolleyes:

A far odder, if possible, Aussie TV programme was 'Let The Blood Run Free'
Anyone remember that, with Doctor Good, Nurse Pam Sandwich, & Matron Dorothy Conniving Bitch???

Or, indeed, the 'Goodness Gracious Me', take on that other Aussie classic; 'Skipinder the Punjabi Kangaroo'??

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Man From Uncle. At the Cinema.

Wait for it to to come out in Sainsburys for £3.00

Really? I saw it last night, and really liked it.
I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, as I'm a fan of the original series, but I thought it was very good.

AndyRM

XOXO
Really? I saw it last night, and really liked it.
I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, as I'm a fan of the original series, but I thought it was very good.

There doesn't seem to be much of a middle ground in the reviews I've read. Still undecided about going.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The Hangover I and II. Part III is tonight's viewing.

The first one was hilariously funny when I first saw it, the second one not so.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Dated is part of it's charm... but i do like nostalgic telly. I'm currently watching the original... Doreen's just been released again and is working as a nurse's assistant in the children's ward... i can't wait to find out how she ends up back inside this time.

Back to Wentworth... you've got Joan Ferguson to look forward to in series 2 :okay:

Yes I should possibly give the original more of a try next time. I've just started watching series 2 and yes she is a strange character, I remember Vinegar Tits from the original lol.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Yes I should possibly give the original more of a try next time. I've just started watching series 2 and yes she is a strange character, I remember Vinegar Tits from the original lol.
Vinegar Tits is very different in Wentworth isn't she... it's interesting seeing her degenerate.

I've been giving the original a try for about three or four years now... only about 450 episodes to go. It's enjoyable but daunting. Hope i live to see the end, again :smile:

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Vinegar Tits is very different in Wentworth isn't she... it's interesting seeing her degenerate.

I've been giving the original a try for about three or four years now... only about 450 episodes to go. It's enjoyable but daunting. Hope i live to see the end, again :smile:

Yes Vinegar Tits is very different in Wentworth compared to Cell Block H. Joan Ferguson's character is definitely the closest character to the original in mannerisms etc compared to all the rest, although I think she was just a Screw in the original if I recall correctly. 450 episodes to go, wow. There must be a hell of a lot as I have season one on my PC and it has 81 episodes.

Mr. Robot is also a very good new TV series that I'm watching at the moment.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/mr-robot/s01/

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Once. Wonderful film from Ireland, made on a shoestring budget, with a pair of unknown leads, one of whom according to IMDB, "had to get permission from her school in the Czech Republic to take time off to make the film". Immense heart, and great music. I defy anyone to watch it & not feel uplifted.

Top Bottom