What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Finally got around to watching Captain Phillips last night. Can totally recommend it, had a knot in my stomach by the end of the movie.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The Dish. A charming little film set around the radio telescope at Parks, Australia that relayed the moon landing TV footage. Memorable line... "You just bullsh!tted NASA!"

Last edited:
Friday - Wolf of Wall Street. Quite enjoyed it but failed to see what all the fuss was about:headshake:

Thursday - As Good As It Gets. That's 3 hours I'll never get back! Strange bunch that Oscar committee :wacko:

Wednesday - Rise Of The Foot Soldier - Actually quite enjoyed it despite it's brutal content :B)

Tuesday - Essex Boys - Watched this after my interest was piqued by an article I read about the Rettendon murders :eek:

Monday - This is England 88. I'm now up to date and ready for This is England 90 coming next month punk_smiley.gif

Sunday - Home. Not Dreamworks best effort IMHO, but did have some amusing moments :smile:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift - wow, so much teen angst, not that I've seen twilight but it felt like what I expect a male version of Twilight to be. Kids trying to be rebellious and work out 'who they are' with some god awful scripting. Made me think of Star Wars episode 1, some cool action scenes with poorly written bits about feelings in between.
Also thought the red Evo he spends most of the time driving was the worst looking car in the film and far too much American fan service with the finale.
Tokyo Drift is not one of the stronger entries in the franchise. (Although people say "Brah" irritatingly a lot less than they do in 2).

5 and 6 are belters though - and I can't wait to catch up with 7.

As for me, I finally got around to "The Grand Budapest Hotel", which I loved. Gorgeous just to look at, and I really enjoyed the characters. I'm hoping to find time to watch it again.

I also watched;

Last House on the Left, an ok thriller with the wonderful Jennifer Lawrence slightly elevating it.

Pacific Rim - A bit formulaic, given the involvement of the marvellously inventive Guillermo Del Toro, but pretty fun nonetheless.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
"Breaking Away" - haven't seen it for 15 years so I picked it up cheap and sat down with Mrs Cisamcgu and Miss Cisamcgu. We all loved it even though it is horribly dated and the story is very simple. Some sublime moments though, and the final line I remembered from 15 years ago :smile:

Top Bottom