What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Victoria. Filmed and acted in one take with no editing. A Spanish woman gets entangled with four criminals in Berlin. Very intense film. Whatever your reservations about subtitles, put them to one side for two hours and 20 minutes.

That sounds really interesting. Thanks for the tip.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Airwolf.
Stringfellow Hawk has a real squinting problem.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Birdemic: Shock and Terror.

Dreadful, in an oddly good hearted sort of a way. As though a group of friends were told that they could have a film released as a reward for good GCSE results, and set to with no budget and a cast made up mostly of family and friends. It's not cynically bad, in the way that, say , Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, or The Spirit are, just terribly inept.

Drive
The third Nicholas Winding Refn film I've seen (Valhalla Rising, Fear X being the other two). This is a cracker, a bit Point Blank in its silent, force of nature protagonist pitted against the mob. Very stylish, and well scored too.

AndyRM

XOXO
Birdemic: Shock and Terror.

Dreadful, in an oddly good hearted sort of a way. As though a group of friends were told that they could have a film released as a reward for good GCSE results, and set to with no budget and a cast made up mostly of family and friends. It's not cynically bad, in the way that, say , Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, or The Spirit are, just terribly inept.

Drive
The third Nicholas Winding Refn film I've seen (Valhalla Rising, Fear X being the other two). This is a cracker, a bit Point Blank in its silent, force of nature protagonist pitted against the mob. Very stylish, and well scored too.

Give Only God Forgives a go. Thing of beauty in a similar vein.

mustang1

Legendary Member
What we did onnour Holiday.

Ben Miller, Billy Connoly, Rose Pike, that brainy guy in The Inbetweeners.

I downloaded this movie a few months ago but I only watched it tonight. Charmingly nice film.

AndyRM

XOXO
Wet Hot American Summer - 9/10

An absolute gem of a film. Hilarious and well observed satire with an unbelievably good cast. Netflix has a series, set on the first day of camp, rather than the last. I'm looking forward to it immensely.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not a film but I've had numerous back-to-back watchings of Gotham... not bad for a bit of over-drawn-out mindless daftness.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Wet Hot American Summer - 9/10

An absolute gem of a film. Hilarious and well observed satire with an unbelievably good cast. Netflix has a series, set on the first day of camp, rather than the last. I'm looking forward to it immensely.
Filmspotting: SVU covered this in their last episode - they were complimentary too, must get around to seeing it.

(Need to finish Sense8 first).

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 3909998, member: 259"]Grand Theft Auto - worst TV film of the year, featuring Daniel "Woodentop" Radcliffe, though I doubt it would have been any better if they'd drafted a real actor in. There were lots of designer fixies, but barely worth a 3/10.[/QUOTE]

Is that The Gamechangers? Apparently Rockstar have said it's a load of hokum.

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 3910064, member: 259"]Yes, sorry, it was. It wasn't the fact it made Rockstar look like anything they weren't, it was just frigging dull![/QUOTE]

Watched it last night, and I'd agree that it wasn't the most exciting of films. That said, it had some pretty good moments and they nailed the GTA style for the murder scene. Clearly made for TV though, so it lacked any kind of pace or tension, and chopping between Radcliffe and Paxton scenes got really irritating.

Radcliffe's glued on beard was pretty hilarious, as was the earnest nature of Bill Paxton who had the most understanding wife in the world.

I'd maybe be a bit more generous and give it a 4, just for the murder scene. But yeah, not a great film at all.

Top Bottom