What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Inside Out - very good film well worth the trip as an adult; but, remember to borrow a child from somebody to take with you.

That way you can pretend that's it's really them that want to see it - even though they'd be shouting "why can't we go and see "Chain Saw Massacre the Hills Have Eyes 7?" as you drag them through the cinema.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I've been watching the set of 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, for the nth time. Now, unfortunately, I have only the last episode of season 7 to watch. What will I watch next? When will I see Buffy again? :sad: Buffy!! :cry:

OP
OP
Hitchington

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
The Babadook - Aussie horror film. Brilliantly creepy and atmospheric. Stylish and very scary addition to a genre which had lost its way over the past few years. 8/10

PaulB

Legendary Member
Pride. The one where persecuted gays in that London give their support to a small community in an obscure Welsh mining village during the 1984/85 strike. The one overwhelming question arising from this movie? Why doesn't Bill Nighy get his bloody Dupuytren's contracture treated?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Let the right one in. A genuinely spooky and at the same time tender and even in places blackly-humorous reworking of the vampire/undead genre, set in a small Swedish town, where a young boy, bullied viciously at school, develops a friendship with a girl who turns out to be 'not like other people'. To say the least.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Let the right one in. A genuinely spooky and at the same time tender and even in places blackly-humorous reworking of the vampire/undead genre, set in a small Swedish town, where a young boy, bullied viciously at school, develops a friendship with a girl who turns out to be 'not like other people'. To say the least.
It's a cracking film, more about friendship than anything else... and the US remake aint bad either.

Last night i watched Mad Max: Fury Road... all out action from start to finish, not much plot, not much dialogue, plenty of questionable post-apocalyptic apparel, loads of cool cars and trucks and lots and lots of explosions. You want sand? You got sand! It's got plenty of sand. It certainly entertained me for the duration, and was a feck of a lot better than that Thunderdome rubbish which made the mistake of sacrificing action for a weak plot and too much dialogue. If you fancy a couple of hours of mindless action with not much else, give it a go :smile:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Now You See Me. I'd never heard of it but Hubster brought it home from the '2 for £10' rack at HMV. It was really good. I enjoyed it a lot.
Tried to watch The Butterfly Effect but gave up after about 25 minutes. I read the synopsis on the internet and decided that a film where the main protagonist is further traumatised by a friend setting fire to the guys dog, was probably not for me.

Although not a film, I have caught up on Quantum Leap episodes of late :smile:

davdandy

One of the greatest vampire movies ever made.A stunning film in every way.

AndyRM

XOXO
It's a cracking film, more about friendship than anything else... and the US remake aint bad either.

Last night i watched Mad Max: Fury Road... all out action from start to finish, not much plot, not much dialogue, plenty of questionable post-apocalyptic apparel, loads of cool cars and trucks and lots and lots of explosions. You want sand? You got sand! It's got plenty of sand. It certainly entertained me for the duration, and was a feck of a lot better than that Thunderdome rubbish which made the mistake of sacrificing action for a weak plot and too much dialogue. If you fancy a couple of hours of mindless action with not much else, give it a go :smile:

Fury Road is phenomenal. I read an interview where Millar said its the movie he would have made back in the day if he'd had more than a dollar for a budget. For me what sets it apart from almost all blockbusters is that they actually did all that stuff, no CGI, no fake explosions, had ten of every car to crash over and over...

Apparently the new Star Wars films are being made the same way, which gives me a new hope (sorry) that they'll actually be good. Or at least they'll look good without an army of droids which so badly animated they look like they could float away at any second.

Top Bottom