What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Tyrannosaur is a desperately grim film. I started watching it as a lot of it was shot around where I grew up, but even that wasn't enough to stick it out to the end of the movie.

Desperately grim is a very good description. It's a crushing film. Paddy Considine is a seriously talented dude.

I'm off to see Straight Outta Compton later. Really looking forward to it and will be listening to N.W.A. on repeat for the rest of the day in preparation.

Desperately grim is a very good description. It's a crushing film. Paddy Considine is a seriously talented dude.

I just read the synopsis on wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrannosaur_(film) and even that was enough to make me feel totally crestfallen. :cry:

Don't think I have what it takes to watch the film.

davdandy

I had an apocalyptic night last night.Starting with the brilliant The Divide and following up with the equally awesome The Road.Both for the umpteenth time.

The Road is quite possibly the most depressing movie i have ever seen,yet it is totally stunning in its depiction of life on the very edge where the world has died.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Something on C4 called Side Effects, which I'd never heard of. Quite a good tale, but Catherine Zeta Jones was displaying all the skills she learned at The Little Wooden School of Acting and was terrible from the off.
She was jaw-droppingly lovely when she first appeared, in Darling Buds of May

catherine-zeta-jones-the-darling-buds-of-may.jpg

but she hasn't done a damn thing worth a damn since - other than her services to the elderly, of course.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just watched Gone Girl.

Thought it was good, if not quite living up to the hype. But I'll be sleeping with one eye open for the foreseeable... :unsure:

PaulB

Legendary Member
She was jaw-droppingly lovely when she first appeared, in Darling Buds of May

View attachment 102146

but she hasn't done a damn thing worth a damn since - other than her services to the elderly, of course.
You're clearly not thinking of the same Catherine Zeta-Jones that has two Oscar nominations and one Oscar win since then. Still, your opinion against the know-nowts of Hollywood and maybe it's them that's wrong, eh?

PaulB

Legendary Member
Watched the James Brown film, "Get on Up" and thought it was tremendous. As good a filmic tribute to its subject as 'Ray" or 'Walk the Line' which I tend to judge such things by. For me, if it makes me want to hear more songs from the subject of the film, it's worked and this most definitely does.

subaqua

What’s the point
yesterday i went to cinema with mrs sub and the mini subs and we watched Jurassic World .

Not bad, all in all. half decent plot that you can read like a book but for Wet sunday BH fillum . not bad at all.

saturday we watched X men days of future past . as above- plot that is sooo easy to follow and good for a brain off kill a few hours.

today youngest and I watched ( and I used watched in loosest sense as I was setting up scalextric track for him ) Cats n Dogs .

Top Bottom